View Single Post
Old 28-12-18, 20:58

Part of my tool kit for the longest time was a small inspection mirror, about the size of those used by Dentists, but with a white nylon head, rather than metal. Had it close to 30 years before the nylon head started to perish and one day, while in use, it fell apart completely.

Found a replacement today at Canadian Tire. A little bit larger diameter mirror head but the handle is telescopic and the head has 360 degree swivel capability.

I picked one up to get a closer look at the three machine screws holding the upper BAND Switch and FREQUENCY ADJUST Switch plate in place. Its a very tight work space in that area of the receiver chassis, even with the upper front panel plate removed. I was delighted to discover the three machine screws are fastened directly into the top folded edge of the lower panel plate. No hex nuts and lock washers to deal with. Big thanks to the original designers of the 52-Set for that stroke of genius. That basically leaves a single soldered aerial connection to deal with, although I still need to remove the two aforementioned switch knobs to check for any shaft mounts fitted to the switch panel.

David