View Single Post
Old 11-05-19, 01:24

Default CONNECTORS, Twin, No. 17 ZA/CAN/BR 2349

I was absolutely amazed to find a set of these connectors came with the Spares Box Reg had found. In the back of my mind, I was wondering if and when I ever found the Supply Unit for a 52-Set in complete condition, how to safely connect it to a suitable DC Supply for testing. Even more important, how to do it safely to operate the set?

So far this connector seems to be in dirty but near complete condition. The only missing item I can currently identify is one of the four corner screws holding the main body together is missing. Hopefully that will be an easy fix. There is a bit of sulphate deposit on the two banana sockets on the back of the plug assembly and the large mounting screw has some surface oxidation that should also clean off easily. All the raised letter identifications cast into the bakelite are intact and still have their white paint highlights.

The Parts List states the two leads should be black and red. The ‘red’ one on this item looks more tan/brown, but that just might be decades of dirt accumulation. I took a look in the manuals to see where this item was normally stored and it took me a few moments to realize it was an active part of the 52-Set and would always be fitted to the front of the Supply Unit. Doh!

David
Attached Thumbnails
WS No. 52 Connectors, Twin, No. 17 A.JPG   WS No. 52 Connectors, Twin, No. 17 B.JPG