View Single Post
Old 10-05-17, 02:28

Default Mud flaps - as per original design

I have been researching the issue of the Jerry can holders and the mudflaps for a while now .

The definite answer came from the picture posted a few months ago by Rob Love of Shilo.

The 2K1 body Wireless 5 van came with two Jerry can holders, one on each side and the mudflaps were bolted on the face of the holder behind the tires . It is only about half the size of a regular CMP mudflap because the Jerry can holder is quite large and acts as a mud flap already.

Here are a few views of my installation. To the best of my knowledge it conforms to original.

I have to work on my convoy , brake and position lights now.

In the holders , i have two original wartime British 5 Gal Jerry-cans.

In the text description of the 2K1 body we read that on the left side , there is a 1 Gal oil can support or holder in front of the 5 Gal Jerry can holder. I have yet to see a picture of that . Anyone can help ?

I found an original 1944 dated RCA Victor military speaker box recently. Re-wired it plugged it to a hidden modern multi-media player . It sounds great with the original carbon-magnet speaker. You see it on the generator door . I installed it there for now. Entertaining when working on the truck.

In the rear , we see the neatly stored original thanks to Reg Hodgson two step ladder in the rails under the floor . We also see the towing attachment.

The modern position, running and turn lights are there in an effort to stay alive on the modern fast traveled roads of today.
Attached Thumbnails
Mud flaps-rear of truck 1.jpg   rear of truck-closer view 2.jpg   mud flap-side of truck 3.jpg   mud flap right side of truck 4.jpg  
94 LSVW

Last edited by Robert Bergeron; 10-05-17 at 03:02.