View Single Post
Old 06-12-10, 04:57
Driver Advance!

Message forwarded to me by Ryan Gill:

Quote:
Capt Geoffry Winnington-Ball CD (ret) passed away today at 1500 hrs EST after a battle with pneumonia and kidney failure. Geoff left this world surrounded by his family and in a peaceful sleep. As per Geoff's wishes he will be cremated. The family will hold a memorial service this coming weekend, details to follow. Contact Information will be added to this post to allow people to find out where to send cards and condolences.

Geoff was a founding member of this site [Tank-Net.org] and his own site MLU. His legacy was to foster camaraderie and esprit de corps amongst soldiers both serving and retired and their supporters around the world. Geoff loved his internet family and they it would appear loved him. There are Universal carriers around the world morning the passage of this warrior, who he would tell you was born a generation too late.

Here you will find Geoff and King Sargent enjoying the Norfolk I&I, and I am sure King is with Geoff now squaring the good Capt away on his next tour of duty.

Guys, Geoff was one of our pioneers in the Vehicle Collecting hobby. He ran two sites, both Tank Net and Maple Leaf Up. He will be missed by many.
--
43 Humber AC MK IV F133744 "Vandal" tri-owner
43 A27L Centaur MK III T185481