View Single Post
Old 16-11-17, 00:28
GM Fox I

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin jones View Post
Well I don't think it is for smoke discharges as it is for about a 6" dia item. It is aluminium and it's fabricated. It is just above the floor level and it is not covered by any bulkhead panelling. It has those two threaded holes and I can't see anywhere for a strap to hold something down. It does not line up with anything on the engine and I cannot see where there is any wear marks
Ah, measuring tapes...the universal language.

I've thought about every piece of equipment a 1936 Vickers tank crewman would need (based on years of looking at stowage diagrams and kit) and am drawing a complete blank. Space was at a premium so everything inside was for immediate use. The rest was stowed outside or carried in lorries behind.

Just maybe what you have is not a stowage bracket at all. Are there matching holes on the other side for a second bracket? If not, one would do. Could it be a centering bracket for the bottom of the turret basket? The pin and adjustment would make sense for some attached channel that would support the rotary junction box supplying current to the turret; the adjustment being required for slight eccentricities of the turret ring gear. The scallop may not be for stowage so much as clearing some protrusion on the bottom of the basket.