View Single Post
Old 15-03-18, 02:04

Default Crane

Hi Tony,
Thanks for the 2nd picture. I didnt have that one. Would there be a date for that photo?.

The picture of the crane loading a bale has to be my favourite war time picture of the crane in operation. Shame there is not more like this. Maybe one day some will surface though as time goes on I guess it becomes less likely.

Yes definatley lots of variations and probable refittments from tracktors to trucks etc along with additional manufacturers. My theory with the CGT is that more of these would be used post war mainly due to the CGT specs making them ideal for conversion. Particularly the shortness of wheel base.

Its a shame the seller hasn't posted more pics of those plates etc but Im sure the information would be available if some one closer could/would chase it up.

They are a unique vehicle to drive and make you constantly think which way you have to turn the wheel to make the crane do what you want. I have driven Laurie Winney's one a couple of times and its definately interesting

Its a shame the 'Old CMP' site is not working. These pictures would be a great addition to the variants for all to see.

Regards,