View Single Post
Old 05-08-18, 03:16

Default t

Hi guys, I am coming late to the thread. So here is my take on it. The point of Terry’s comment is to please come out to the event. It’s a fun weekend and if you have an MV like a carrier, Amoured car or a bike then this is your chance to drive it around the large event without worrying about it! I have plates on my Command Car so no big deal for me. Steam engines being driven by 9 year old kids with his grandpa and combines with the knives and head spinning will be seen and no one seems to care. There are no licence plates on them either, just like you carrier, amoured car or perhaps your bike. You will see wood cutting and many other machinery operating with no or little gaurds and other safety equipment. That’s because back then they just didn’t have any. At night you can stay warm standing between the line up of stut down steam engines while watching the tractor pull.
We as the executive of the OMVA need to tell you to insure your vehicle so we as the executive can be seen doing our due diligence! No one will be policing it, but you already know if you have insurance or need it or can obtain it. If you go to the steam era web site they also ask for it as well. So say you are a guy named Barry (not the guy I know)and you have a MV that runs over something, some buddy or just runs into something. We as the OMVA is insured and always have been even before I became the President ! If your Barry and you don’t have some sort of insurance then your not insured !
The point I want to make is please come out to the event as it’s a fun weekend driving around, watching the huge interest in our green stuff. It’s fun to chat with each other talking about our stuff meeting new people and the BBQ is great!
I can’t stress it more then drag it out, display it so others can enjoy it and you !