View Single Post
Old 19-10-06, 13:10

Going over some stuff from the eternal discussion subject.

The MRF tyres being brought into Australia (and selling like hot cakes) all have "For Flat Rims" on them ie British WW2 types. The majority of them though have probably gone onto Dodges.

Nobody to my knowledge has had the slightest trouble. I have done over 5,000km in my Carryall with MRF "flat rim" tyres most of it going like a rocket (well, at least faster than CMP's) on long trips and found them to be outstanding for both grip and wear characteristics.

At easter we went to Fraser Island (the world's largest sand island). I dropped the pressure to 12 pounds and spent 4 days with the sidewalls bagged out grinding through sand and wheel spinning to get up steep soft tracks. There was not the slightest movement or creep of the tyres on the rims. I think the difference in the angle of the bead of the tyres is the stamp on the sidewall!

The 9.00x13 MRF's are road legal but have a very serious heavy "tractor-like" tread on them- much more severe than military pattern. Might be OK for the little CMP's but if you put them on a staff car it would be like driving along a railway line.

lang
Attached Images