View Single Post
Old 01-01-08, 01:27
Corowa Project 30

Only 10 weeks until the event and I am looking forward to catching up with everyone again. If you would like a copy of the entry form please send me a PM or an email. It is just being modified at the moment. The website will have a copy of this form and other details when it is officially launched.

The following is the Proposed Program. If there are any changes I will post them on here and the website. There is a possibility that we will have a guest speaker on Friday after the Driver's briefing. I will confirm those details at a later date.

29th Annual GPA Swim-In & Ex-Military Vehicle Rally

Proposed Programme of activities

Monday 10th March: No set activities.

Tuesday 11th March:
• 10.00am onwards: View the Bandiana Army Museum and the 8th/13th Victorian Mounted Rifles Museum

Wednesday 12th March:
• 10.00am to 12.00pm: Display of Vehicles for the elderly at Karinya Apartments, Guy St Corowa

• 10.00am onwards: View the Bandiana Army Museum and 8th/13th Victorian Mounted Rifles Museum

Thursday 13th March:
• 9.00am: Armoured Vehicle rally departing from Corowa Airport

Friday 14th March:
• 8.30am: Leave for Yackandanda. At 10.00am a talk will be given on the history of the area. After having lunch and a look around the town we will plan to arrive at Eldorado at 1.30pm where we will be able to look at the Museum and Historic Dredge.

• 6.00pm: Compulsory Driver’s Briefing at the Information Caravan at Ball Park Caravan Park.

Saturday 15th March:
• 7.30am: Armoured Vehicles to leave Corowa Airport in convoy and line up at the entrance to Ball Park Caravan Park.

• 8.00am: Line up under the bridge for the Parade out to the airport. The tanks will be in the first packet of vehicles followed with a 5 minute gap by the Carriers and the third packet will consist of all other vehicles and will leave 5 minutes after the Carrier packet

• 8.30am: Final Compulsory Drivers Briefing at the start of the parade.

• 9.00am sharp: Parade departs Ball Park for Corowa Airport. You will be shown where to park your vehicles upon your arrival at the Corowa Airport.

• 9.45am: Swap Meet at the Airport run by the Corowa Rotary Club with a sausage sizzle lunch. Cost $5 per stall holder. Buyers/lookers free.

• Afternoon - vehicle activities.

• 7.00pm: Presentations and Auction at the BBQ area near the oval.

Donations for the Auction would be appreciated!

Sunday 16th March:
• Vehicle activities throughout the day and farewell to new and old friends.

• 8.00pm: Wind-down 3 course Carvery Meal at the Corowa RSL Club, 30 Betterment Pde Corowa. $17.00 for Adults $8.50 for children under the age of 12. [Put your name on the list at the Site Office if you would like to attend.]
Research & Development
THE COROWA YEAR 30 PROJECT