Thread: 9.00-13 Tyres
View Single Post
Old 13-04-06, 03:20

Just a report on MRF 900x16 tyres (tires).

Took my WC53 Dodge Carryall to Corowa from Brisbane doing well over 4,000km (2,500 miles) all together last month.

Had quite a bit of trouble with the mix of old tyres. Threw the tread on two BF Goodrich which although several years old appeared undamaged or cracked on departure. A well worn Hankook tyre was still going strong when changed because of low tread remaining.

I got a complete set of MRF tyres (military non-directional) from Agtyre at Moree and put them on. These now have around 3,000km (1,900 miles) on them. Wear is really outstanding as most of the tyres still have the "tits" on the edges of the tread. Grip on the road is noticeably better during hard cornering on bitumen (might be due to the fact other tyres were older and harder while the MRF's are new and springy rubber).

If asked to choose, I would say the MRF's are the equal of or better than American or other Asian brands. We are taking the Dodge to Fraser Island for Easter - will report on their performance at 12psi in the sand when I get back. I think they will go well as the side walls are very "rubbery" (amazing that!) and should bulge nicely without overheating or cracking.

By the way, I have 6 brand new 2006 production MRF 900x16 with new tubes and rust bands for sale well below local tyre fitters prices.

Lang