View Single Post
Old 11-06-18, 02:54
GM Fox I

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin jones View Post
Hi David, from the information I have, Bowerbird was found in a dump and had been buried for quite a long time. The story I heard was the person I bought it from was told there was a tank buried in a dump a long time ago and he then proceeded to dig around with a backhoe and eventually found it. it was in very poor condition and stripped out with no suspension but the hull was uncut as you can see by my earlier pictures. AS far as Wombat is concerned, I don't know its history but I will contact the previous owner and get some more history about how and exactly where he acquired them. I do know however, they were found in different locations so the sequential numbers is pure luck.

Russ, you are spot on there. When traversed 90 deg the tray does sit over the edge of the tank for ease of emptying

Here's a couple of pictures of the splash guard with a bullet in there. I would have thought they would have bolted it level with the top so they don't sit behind and put pressure on the plate when elevated. As I lifted the gun port it did jamb the casing above the hinge but I guess they never thought it would cause a problem.
Any chance that the forward sheet metal part is spring loaded? It is hinged...