View Single Post
Old 14-06-18, 01:26

Hi David, I was doing an inspection yesterday of another sump I have to determine if I have enough space to make a larger squat type reservoir under the oil system and I am pretty sure I do so the existing system will be able to remain. As far as a blue flame engine in concerned, as much as more HP would be nice, I don't think it is of major importance. As long as the specifications are as close to the original as I can get it and it works well, I will be a happy vegemite. I have inspected the clutch set up and know that I need to change the spigot/pilot bearing and either find a clutch plate with the correct spline centre, get one made or change the centre myself. Just as a general observation I don't foresee any big problems in marrying the two together.
I will post photos of my progress as usual and hopefully should not take too long. I still have to get some drive parts made that is way beyond my abilities.

Ryan, thanks for the photos. I feel for the poor buggers inside those tanks. Not much protection I'm afraid. There's a drive sprocket and hub in the bottom photo I would love to have.