View Single Post
Old 06-07-03, 07:48
Vets_Dottir

Default Re: Happy Canada Day Carman?

Quote:
Originally posted by Art Johnson
I live on a crescent of less than 100 houses Myself and one other house were flying the Canadian Flag on July 1. I'm have a flag on my van and over the holiday I saw three other vehicles flying the flag. I also have an Amercan flag on my van they are the best friends we have wether we like it or not. My son says "aren't you going a little bit overboard". My best man's son says " Are you trying to make a statement". My reply was "your bloody right I am if I could get a Union Jack I would put it up also". I'm Canadian of British ancestry and I'm proud of it. My father, my brother and I all fought for Canada's principles and I don't intend to back down to any of the PC crap.
Thanks Art!!! and RIGHT ON! Sad you didn't spot more flags And PROUD of you, your brother and your Dad for fighting for your/our principles. Do you give lessons in "giving up the wimp" for people like me?

I've got the old mixed ancestry too, ENGLAND, SCOTLAND, FRANCE, ICELAND POSSIBLY IRELAND, and of course...CANADA! and my youngest daughters father is American born and bred, he's African American andhas Native bood as well.

United Nations is our blood ... I'd like a flag that represents all of our heritages

By the way, Uncle Eddie's mom was Metis... FRENCH-CREE...Grampa was some of that and everything else. In away, Uncle Eddie is at home, at rest in France...our Viznaugh/Vezina side