View Single Post
Old 11-02-17, 03:54
Lionel G. Evans

Default Any APPS Builders here? It is the Sergeants' Mess

Hello All Techie Types,

I would like to experiment with designing an "App". I realise there are some online websites that can demonstrate how to run through the process. However, being a child of the early '60s I like to have hardcopy in my hands.

I have come across various books for "Dummies" - that is a pretty accurate description of my computer literacy BTW ...

The titles I have come across so far are:
Google Apps For Dummies
iPad Application Development For Dummies
iOS 6 Application Development For Dummies
Android App Development For Dummies,

Which one ... or more ... of these four books would allow me maximum coverage for mobile phone and computer download availability?If more than one book which combination of what books would you recommend?

Or is there another brand of book written for low computer literacy types like myself that is not produced by the "dummies" people that cover all the application platforms? If so what is the name of this book?

Sorry about all the questions. I am at the Mount Everest shaped part of the learning curve at the moment. However ...."Grasshopper, a journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step' ... This email is the first step taken. I would greatly appreciate your assistance

Kind Regards
Lionel
Series III ex-Military Land Rovers x 2