Thread: Heads Up: Denim Tank Suit news
View Single Post
Old 11-04-18, 21:10

Default Denim Tank Suit news

Hi Folks,
Where do I start...

The development of the suits was slow off the mark as Irfan was sending me test suits to check size and he sent me three prototypes. In the meantime, he was looking for orders.

Based on the reports of a good fabric being made up, and the success of the winter Pixie crewsuits, people placed orders with Irfan.

The sizes have been sorted. The patterns has been made and samples inspected. The fabric has been tested for shrinkage both raw and after the garment has been made. The patterns were changed to allow for extra fabric to be int he cut to allow for a really hot wash and dry.

Irfan has started delivering the suits based on the receipt of the orders.

As of a few moments ago, I asked Irfan about deliveries. I quote "You can post on maple leaf and all people who order they will get his orders end of this month and start of June".

If you have an event coming up and you are worried about having the suit to use for it, I would suggest emailing Irfan directly and explaining the event date. I have seen him work with people to get an order to them.

I suggested to Irfan to try to work more with a handful of stock sizes and - like the real military - have the wearer nip and tuck if they want a custom fit. We have all seen the old jokes about the Army's Two Sizes.

But in this case, you can take a stock size and add an additional 2 inches for legs - tell him the size and add "Tall" or 2 inches in the trunk by asking for the size and "Long".

You may still want to hem the leg cuffs or the sleeve.

SO... Irfan is sending me 20 made up suits to the most common sizes - L, XL, XXL, with some Talls and Longs in there to have here at my home in Pennsylvania. These are for me to sell as a sutler, so I can take mail order or take to regional East coast events I go to. Price is the same as for ordering from Irfan - US$150 +postage.

European and Asian orders need to still go directly to Irfan. Payment to Irfan as described in the order forms.

ALL Bespoke (custom orders) will still need to go to Irfan, but yes, you can have one made to fit non-standard sizes. Work directly with Irfan on such custom work. That is not in my wheel-house!

If you have already ordered your suit will be made before the batch of 20. So stay the course with Irfan on those.

I will fill new orders from this continent.