View Single Post
Old 18-04-05, 23:29
Richard Notton

Default Re: Re: Re: Morris again

Quote:
Originally posted by Hanno Spoelstra
so how the h#ll does he plan to drive all those MC's?!? About time he starts working on some copies of himself to drive them instead of tinkering with trucks!
Well, I don't know. There's the CDSW as an n thousand pound as new, un-run engine, restored gearbox/winch and reworked chassis and axles with bits of new-build body stored here and there. The CS8 radio truck of a very early vintage used for trial installations and almost certainly the one pictured in "Wireless for the Warrior", but this is a pile of bits (rusty) and a self flat-packed body. (THAT rotten).

The CS8 came from a friend locally who is now too ill to drive and wanted it to go to a good MCC home.

In fact has not been used since Rory last used it as the hearse for his elder brother's funeral some years ago, the occasion before I knew them and I chased it for a few miles to speak to the driver having seen it whizz past my front window in Shirrell Heath several times.

Having stopped at a traffic light and spoken with Rory he said he call round later as he was going to a funeral; somewhat strange I thought in a CS8, jeans and a Led Zeppelin T shirt.

Beats the hell out of top hats and black Rollers though and hugely cheaper, I approve; hopefully "you" can use my 623, no struggling with heavy boxes - use the Atlas.

Rory may sell it yet though, he realises there are almost too many MCs in Nightingale Crescent and although being in good order, it is an older restoration and you know as well as I, they'd have it apart and start again from the mud up and that's a 3K GBP job on the engine alone.

Then there's my blasting bill for the metalwork. . . . . . . . . .

As Richard F has recorded, the retention of the original pre-war civvy/army registration number is rather nice and the correct, early tax disc tops it off.

I think he should keep it; now if only we could find one of those MCC 6x4 staff cars. . . . . . . . . . .

R.