View Single Post
Old 11-08-15, 18:08
MUTT Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart Fedak View Post
Scott,
Would you be willing to expand/modify their list to correct the inaccurate information? I guess it is one thing to criticize what others have done, and it is another thing to use your own expertise, knowledge and experience to create a better version of a Cold War re-enactor kit list.

<Truncated>

Cheers!

Stuart
As I mentioned elsewhere on here, i'm not into the "dress up" aspects of the hobby. Like Ed, I am also fairly militant about being period correct and accurate. I went to some fairly great lengths to ensure my M151A2 was dead on to the point of fly shit in pepper in some cases like comms eqpt, paint and markings. That said, I generally don't expect the same level of intensity from others, but if someone advertises themselves as being correct, then I may chime in if there are inconsistencies.

The only reason I even bothered to respond to the Eastwind guys post was because they branded themselves as being the "real McCoy" re-enactors and then posted a few photos of the not period correct items I mentioned above. I couldn't help it... One of my weaknesses I guess When I saw your link I actually debated even putting my original response post up for fear of the rabbit hole.

Truth is Stuart, I barely have enough time to use my expertise for my own endeavours these days. So to answer your question: The coats and weapons are wrong as mentioned by myself and others. Full stop. I did read through their list back when I originally responded, but I don't recall all the other minor things. Like I said before, if you have the coats and rifles wrong, it doesn't really matter to me whats in your rucksack.