Thread: Armour Dreams
View Single Post
Old 19-03-23, 21:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Bell View Post
You make it sound so easy... when one of the turbos failed on my 2010 Landrover Discovery 4, I found to my horror that the only way to change it is to remove the entire body!!! Absolute madness.

I have since replaced the landrover with a Dodge WC52. Whilst not so great MPG, it will be cheaper to run in the long term as parts and maintenance costs are way less.
It seems that the job of today's design engineers is to make everything as complicated as possible and from experience few of them have any common sense.

Evening All,

I have had a really productive weekend for once, I have done masses of spraying Panzer grey and then lots of assembling.

The engine came with a set of electrics that were supposed to be ok to use but by and by most have been replaced which left the fuse / relay panel.
It was in a state to start with being 30 years old and I used it to cobble something up to get things started but there were always connectivity problems so I decided to bin it, also I wanted a separate mains feeds from the battery to the starter and one to the rest of the electrics, meaning that all the internal electrical connections would be in one convenient place if something went wrong.

I bought a new fuse / relay module and made a new panel to affix it all to. This will be bolted by the side of the ECU's on the wall of the upper hull.
Attached Thumbnails
DSC07589.jpg   DSC07571.jpg  
1938 DKW SB200
1944 DKW NZ350-1
1967 Ural K750 sidecar outfit
1944 VW Kubelwagen KDF82
1942 Steyr 1500A
1944 Morris C8A
1943 Chevrolet CMP8A HUP?
194? Bedford QL