View Single Post
Old 28-01-13, 12:47

Default border raid!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Webb View Post
....once there are bids the auction should be able to conclude unless there's a very good published reason otherwise.....Did someone from MLU manage to buy it?
I spoke to the seller today, apparently someone in NSW made a combined offer for both trucks by phone.

I can understand why sellers accept outside offers and terminate the auction early. To continue the auction is a gamble - you may get a higher price than the phone offer, or you may get a lower price. Sellers must retain the right to decide - it would be unreasonable to compel them to risk a lower price than they've already been offered elsewhere. Yes, it's disappointing for intending bidders, but that's commerce!

I myself would have bid for the F60L - it's in very good nick, and being only 70 km from my place would make for economical recovery. I've learned a lesson here - next time I fancy something on ebay, make a phone offer!

I mentioned to the seller that the Chev is a C8AX and quite a rarity in Australia, but I wasn't sure if they're highly sought after. Can anyone suggest what a fair price might be for this one?

It turns out he will have another couple of Chevs for sale soon, although in much poorer condition. I informed him of MLU forum and that we promulgate For Sale info, so he's going to notify me.