Name:	PA290443.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	46.1 KB
ID:	44666 Click image for larger version

Name:	PA290445.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	44.9 KB
ID:	44667
Al the rear axle parts are now painted. Weather threatened to rain but I got away with it . Paint will be allowed to dry for a week before I attempt reassembly. Trust me, the temperature the workshop gets up to will bake it well in next 7 days. Local carpet shop/s will be getting a visit from me next week, cap in hand, for something soft to lay the various parts onto for fitting together.

In one of the above photos you can see two lengths of pipe up against the wall. The bargain bin of local steel shop is a great place to find handy off-cuts, and these two sizes are perfect match for two main sizes of seals etc. These pipes will form part of the bearing installation tool (once cut to lengths required). All of the tool will be metal but shouldn't present a problem because there will be no impact transferred to the cups or seals. A threaded rod will slowly wind the seals & cups into place. At least thats the way Ford did it with their tool. The larger diameter pipe will also be used to make curved cradles with which to jack the whole thing once finished. Remainder of that tube would make a nice machine tool stand too!

Click image for larger version

Name:	PA290442.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	44668
I need to get this off the trailer tomorrow, because nose panel welding is finished and I can pick it up next weekend. For now, the engine/gearbox (yes, there IS a gearbox under all that dried oil & dirt) will be resting outside the workshop, until I get to attach some stub axles on and make it more mobile.

Now I must go and put further effort into removing the slight green tinge that arms/legs and face (around mask) currently have. You see, I had misplaced my disposable overalls!