MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > 'B' ECHELON > The Sergeants' Mess

Notices

Old 20-01-07, 17:22
Derek Heuring

Default A final appeal.

Gentlemen! When you put your hands into a pile of goo that a few seconds ago was your best friend's face...well....you'll know what to do!
Ooops! Sorry, wrong speech!

What I need to talk to my fellow MLUers about is Carman's trip to Oz. Presently, Carman is experiencing a lack of funds for the Canadian leg of her trip. Everybody knows that Max and his fellow Aussies have gone way beyond what is expected of them to pay for Carman's airline tickets to Australia and to take care of all her meals and accomodations while she is there. Anyone who has travelled internationally should know the cost of that portion of her trip, 'nuff said. Understandably, a lot of you are saying, "Why should I pay for someone else's trip to Australia when I'd love to go there myself?" Good question!, but consider this: Our beloved forum moderator, Mr. Spinning-Bull has commited to pay for any shortfall that Carman experiences. That means Jefe is going to assume the financial burden of paying for Carman's airline tickets from Cranbrook to Vancouver, her passport, taxis, meals and any other incidentals. If this financial burden is too great, Jefe will abandon his hopes of a trip to Oz in order to make Carman's dream trip come true! Jefe has provided for us what I consider the greatest forum on the internet bar none! Further, he has never charged us a cent for the privilege of being a member of MLU. To date, I know of only two members who have contributed to the Canadian leg of this trip. Today, I'm posting a cheque to Jefe so that will make three. I'm not asking for a large contribution from anyone...remember the adage, "Many hands make light work."? If you can spare even just $20, or $10, or $5, or a Twoonie or a Loonie, please do! If you absolutely refuse to pay for someone else's trip, then a timely donation to the upkeep of MLU will do just as nicely. Thanks all for listening and let's not let this burden fall on Jefe's head alone.