MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > 'B' ECHELON > The Sergeants' Mess

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 15-03-04, 01:25

Default C.F.B. Borden Museum to be done away with??

Just heard from two Base Borden employees that the Museum and its exhibits will soon be done away with. Apparently the new Base Commander is Airforce and sees no significant need of the museum or its' collection. The buildings are to be torn down with no new ones planned. The first building that housed part of the collection has already been demolished. ( this I witnessed myself last week) For those unaware of CFB Bordens collection they house some rare and significant vehicles from Canada's past. Part of the collection includes a German Wirbelwind, panther, Canadian Rams, CMP's, British Matilda, Italian tanks and numerous American pieces. This is but a small list of the 60 or so vehicles from all nations. This doesn't even begin to brush the surface of the smaller items on display or in storage.
Gods I hope this is not true as the base has been part of Canada's armour heritage since the creation of the Armoured Corps.
If anyone has some other info or insight please let us know.
I felt that I had to post this here as it would concern all Canadians if it comes to pass.
Sean