MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > GENERAL WW2 TOPICS > WW2 Military History & Equipment

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 18-06-15, 11:45
Tony Baker

Default Photos from a British Tank Commander.

After a couple of attempts to get these images here, and with Keiths help in doing some form of computer wizardry (god, I hate computers!), I can finally present a decent quality reproduction of photos belonging to a local WWII hero. He was initially a tank Commander in the desert, under Montgomery, and later was in one of the lucky few DD tanks to come out of the water on D Day. He fought on into Europe, and saw Ve Day from within Germany. If that doesn't make him a hero, I don't know what would! He is now 94 years old, and not in great health, suffering the after effects of a stroke some years ago, but he still smiles and finds something to have a laugh about, every day. His Wife, also a Brit., and just as much fun, has her own military province. One day I will photograph her newspaper clippings showing her within a group of young women in the process of teaching driving and basic mechanics to Their Royal Highnesses, Princess Margaret and Princess (now Queen) Elizabeth. They are remarkable documents to view. For now, I hope you enjoy the following images.
africa 1-resized-960.jpg africa 2-resized-960.jpg africa 3-resized-960.jpg africa 4-resized-960-resized-800.jpg africa 5-resized-960-resized-800.jpg

Another 4 coming next...