MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > MILITARY VEHICLES > The Armour Forum

Notices

Old 12-07-13, 17:00

Default Carriers

Lynn -

For the past 12 yrs or so I have been attempting to put together the complete T Series of census numbers for tracked vehicles...this includes carriers ! I am also linking the T numbers to the post-1949 conversions but I have a very long way to go. If you have any lists of carrier T numbers, please do send them on to me...

Kevin is your man for veh names and some of the numbers but together we can usually sort out most questions...

Roddy
Old 12-07-13, 23:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roddy1011 View Post
Lynn -

For the past 12 yrs or so I have been attempting to put together the complete T Series of census numbers for tracked vehicles...this includes carriers ! I am also linking the T numbers to the post-1949 conversions but I have a very long way to go. If you have any lists of carrier T numbers, please do send them on to me...

Kevin is your man for veh names and some of the numbers but together we can usually sort out most questions...

Roddy
Thanks for the compliment Roddy.
But like you I think the names / numbers listing that Dick Taylor and myself have built up is only only the tip of the iceberg. Perhaps someday we should pool all of our research to make sure it is not lost.

I would certainly be interested in any carrier details you have.

cheers

Kevin
Old 27-08-13, 17:09

Default A surviving Canadian Vickers

I found this from a series of photos taken a number of years ago at CFB Borden, Ontario.

Not sure when the Canadian Army acquired them, or in what numbers, but found it interesting it had retained the twin MG configuration in the turret. Most of the photos posted of it's Australian cousins seem to indicate the right MG was removed for some reason.

David
Attached Thumbnails
Vickers.jpg  
Old 28-08-13, 11:30
[user name reset]

MK VB had a .5 Vickers and a 303 hence the different appearance of the gun ports .

This one appears to have two .5 fitted which is unusual.