\
Old 02-10-05, 02:52
"Mr. Manual", sadly no longer with us

Default Re: Carrier for Sale

Quote:
Originally posted by Brad Mills
Here's the link for those that care...
Hi Brad..
That is a nice looking project..Just got back from the 1st BB&B gather up at Bob Carriers place here East of Ottawa...A great time was had by all and there are still some there..Bob does a mean burger and sausage and the beer is still a flowing..
The plans for next year will be posted later but would like to get some Maritime and Quebec-Eastern Ontario lads together ,hopefully on August long weekend(tenative)..
Bob has a great place for camping and will be putting in porta pottys and portable garages up with tables and stuff for the next years gather up so if you are coming this way,let up know..We are always ready to gather up for beer and bullsh*t sessions at the drop of a greasegun..
I'm sure that Bob,Clive and Rob will be posting pictures soon..Great job on the keeper carrier too..
Old 02-10-05, 21:39
MLU Administrator

Default Re: Carrier for Sale

Quote:
Since I no longer need it, my spare carrier is up for grabs...I figured after seeing that T-16 on e-bay, it was worth a try anyhow...lol.
Brad, just noted you got a first bid...by someone apparently buying lots of barbie dolls?!?!? :

Cheers,
H.
Old 09-10-05, 04:17
BIG MIKE

Default Bren carrier sold on ebay

just one puzzling thing i noticed on that bren carrier being sold on ebay up in nova scotcia, the middle 2 boggies and return rollers on both sides are on "backwards"? i guess this means that thier is no warpng steering option.

Cheers Big Mike
Old 09-10-05, 14:37
MLU Administrator

Quote:
I saw that too...I'm hoping its his wife that has the barbie fettish and not him.
Looks like his highest bid was curtailed by his wife's barbie fetish

By the way, congrats on the sale! Will you point this forum to 3pgd?

H.

Quote:
Winning bid: US $3,050.00
Ended: Oct-08-05 10:18:30 PDT
Start time: Oct-01-05 10:18:30 PDT
History: 2 bids (US $2,995.00 starting bid)
Winning bidder: 3pgd ( 7 )
Item location: Nova Scotia, Canada

Vehicle Description

Surplus to my needs is a somewhat complete and very restorable 1942 Universal Carrier.

Original Ford Flathead 221 ci V8 engine, correct transmission, carb, breather, air filter assy, choke assy, rear axel, radiator, various other bits and pieces including a frontal armour section . The engine turns over by hand and was informed by the previous owner it ran fine, The lower hull is very sound, but as the photos show the upper armour was sadly cut away at one point in its life for its new role post war in the woods I presume. The nice part is that the angle iron where the original armour was is still there, so easy for fabricate up some new armour using regular steel. The rear axel is correct and the drive cogs on the rear wheels show very little wear, the track is in very nice condition as well. Some of the bogies are missing some rubber on the wheels.

Don't hesitate to contact me if you require further photos or information.

If your looking for a straight forward restoration of WWII Commonwealth armour, this is it...

Sold as is where is, no warranty implied or expressed by the seller.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On Oct-01-05 at 20:45:31 PDT, seller added the following information:

Due to a ton of question please be aware of the following...

1) There is no S/N on the Carrier. It was cut off years ago with the original Armour.

2) The engine is not running. As you can see the Rad is out of it as well as the fan.

3) The engine will crank over by hand...which means it is not siezed.

4) There are parts missing from the carrier

5) I have not driven this carrier

6) The carrier is a project guys, it requires alot of work to put it in running order once again. As mentioned, its a very restorable project with a good sound foundation and alot of original parts.
Attached Images