MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > BUY, TRADE or SELL > For Sale Or Wanted

Notices

Old 16-01-20, 03:52

Default Protective Front Cage for WS-19 set

Hello everyone,
I'm hoping someone out there has a green coloured protective cage for the 19 set that is surplus to their needs, looking to buy or trade for it. Preferably should be in good to mint condition.
Thanks!
Patrick
Old 16-01-20, 13:01

How critical is it to you that it be original? It is possible to manufacture a reasonable facsimile.
Old 16-01-20, 19:21
Driver Advance!

There is a full set on eBay at the moment.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wireless-...UAAOSwRL1cWZA1
43 Humber AC MK IV F133744 "Vandal" tri-owner
43 A27L Centaur MK III T185481
Old 16-01-20, 23:06

Default Wooooffff.....

...is the 19 set included......

with shipping you might as well book a discount flight to the UK and stay a week.

In regards to Grant's comments, he made some for very much....very much less. Once you have worked out the details .....the second, third, etc. comes easy..... and we had a model to copy. Stock steel rods, a wooden pattern to bend the proper radius and a mig welder..... some spray paint in semi gloss.

Bob C
Canada
Old 18-01-20, 16:45

Default Protective cage

Thanks everyone or the input, but the cage has to be 100% original as I am working on a project where I am simulating the rear portion of a Sherman turret, both inside and out. In this simulation all Control Units, cables, and every nut and bolt are to be original and period items. So far I've found all components with the exception of the front cage (I have one in brown for my other 19 set) and the cable loops used to hold the cables to the turret walls. Those are super rare as they typically remained in the tanks when they were scrapped!
Other than the turret itself, which I've made from plywood and plaster, and the shelf to support the 19 set which I made out of plywood and wood blocking, every metal item within the turret specifically for the 19 set will be truly original. So hence the reason why I'd like an original cage. Luckily I can wait it out as they occasionally turn up on ebay, it's just a case of how much money I want to spend.
Cheers,
Patrick
Old 18-01-20, 18:51

Hello Patrick.

On average, 5 to 6 sets of these show up on eBay each year. Prices (USF) vary wildly from $65 to the plus side of $250. They also pop up less frequently on eBay’s Canadian Kijiji site, but you will have to search each province with cryptic descriptions like ‘Vintage Radio Grill’ and other variations of that theme. They almost never show up actually described as 19-set items.

David
Old 19-01-20, 02:56

I for one, don’t need an original, but would like to have one for my 19 Set.

James D. Teel II
Edmond, Oklahoma
Retired Police Sergeant/Bomb Tech
1943 Willys MB/ITM jeep
1942 SS Cars No1Mk1 LtWt trailer
Old 19-01-20, 03:33
GM Fox I

...I'd LOVE to see pics....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Johnson View Post
Thanks everyone or the input, but the cage has to be 100% original as I am working on a project where I am simulating the rear portion of a Sherman turret, both inside and out.
Old 19-01-20, 17:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Johnson View Post
..... the cable loops used to hold the cables to the turret walls. Those are super rare as they typically remained in the tanks when they were scrapped....
There is a dealer in France selling them NOS condition.

I will try and find his details.

Tim
Old 20-01-20, 06:18

Hi Tim,
That would be great if you can source these, much appreciated. Ideally I'd like to get a mint set, NOS, as my Mk.II and Mk III sets are in excellent or near mint condition. I haven't decided which one will go in my display, ideally the one that transmits/receives the best will win out as both are functioning sets.

Regarding pictures of my Sherman mock-up, I can try to get some up in the coming months but my project has temporarily stalled due to on-going home renovations. I hope to start back on the project this spring. The internal tank intercom system will be fully operational between all headsets connected to the Control Units to a degree that when the driver's "Call Commander" buzzer is pressed it will be audible in all the headsets. I want to test this functionality out asap and am confident the condition and reliability of the Control Units I have (mint condition) will permit this. So far its been a really fun project to not only source the various parts but to build the turret.