MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > 'B' ECHELON > Military Shows & Events > COROWA - THE EVENT

Notices

Old 18-11-14, 19:07

Default New website for the Corowa Swim-In

Hi all,
Khaki Vehicle Enthusiasts are pleased to tell you that we have just launched our brand new website today, same web address;
http://www.corowaswim-in.org/

If the old one comes up, just refresh it and you will see the new one. Hard to miss as there are lots of photos from events going back through the years and we will still be adding to them as time permits.

Entries are coming in now for our 2015 Corowa Swim-In & Military Vehicle Gathering, as usual, there will be advantages to pre-registering, so download the entry form now and send it to us, also the Swap Meet stall booking form is on the website.

For anyone who has not received the latest KVE News by email, it is now on the website, click on the October newsletter. All the information for the event in March and more.

regards,
Richard Farrant
KVE Committee member and Editor

1943 Bedford QLD lorry - 1941 BSA WM20 m/cycle - 1943 Daimler Scout Car Mk2
Member of MVT, IMPS, MVG of NSW, KVE and AMVCS
KVE President & KVE News Editor
Old 18-11-14, 23:10

Default BBC Photo

Hi Richard

Always on the look out for anything on CBC, BBC, ABC during WWII the picture of Wynforth Vaughan-Thomas the BBC Reporter caught my eye. Is there anything behind the picture other than being an Iconic image of reporting the war?

I've visited your new site impressive, I'll be putting a note on Corowa and link to the event on our club web site. Hundred and ten days from now will be just about end of the worst of winter up here so the pictures of your rally will make people green with envy.

Cheers Phil
`45 HUP
http://canadianmilitarypattern.com/
New e-mail Philip@canadianmilitarypattern.com
Old 19-11-14, 00:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Waterman View Post
Hi Richard

Always on the look out for anything on CBC, BBC, ABC during WWII the picture of Wynforth Vaughan-Thomas the BBC Reporter caught my eye. Is there anything behind the picture other than being an Iconic image of reporting the war?

I've visited your new site impressive, I'll be putting a note on Corowa and link to the event on our club web site. Hundred and ten days from now will be just about end of the worst of winter up here so the pictures of your rally will make people green with envy.

Cheers Phil
Hi Phil
Thanks for your interest, we are still building up the photo gallery and will update as time permits, there is about 35 years to go back! Well spotted on the picture of Vaughan-Thomas, our webmaster had selected that I imagine as it shows the latest news, no other reason.
Living in UK, our winter is approaching and to be in Aus' during March gets me away from the last of the bad weather ........ hopefully.

best regards, Richard

1943 Bedford QLD lorry - 1941 BSA WM20 m/cycle - 1943 Daimler Scout Car Mk2
Member of MVT, IMPS, MVG of NSW, KVE and AMVCS
KVE President & KVE News Editor
Old 19-11-14, 08:48
Fan of Lord Nuffield

Default old days

GAWD there is a pic of me in the early Corowa album, along with Bevan Fenner and Andrew Browne and I think that Is Mike C our forum USA CORRESPONDANT . The other guy is Mark ? from the AMVCS
1940 Chev. 15cwt GS Van ( Aust.)
1942-45 Jeep salad
Old 19-11-14, 09:27
Corowa Project 30

Our Webmaster, who also posts on this forum, is a regular attendee of Corowa. If anyone has any photos of the early years (prior to digital cameras) it would be great if you can forward them to Richard or I along with details of which year it was. We are relying on people who have attended over the years to provide us with information and photos. These photos can be of people and vehicles as when we look back there are some who are no longer with us. We have a Memorial Board and there are a number of people on this and there are many more we don't have pictures or details of yet. This is another way you can help us obtain more information for our event.

We were donated a Radar Van and people have been helping to restore this so hopefully we can use this as our site office from 2015. I will add some photos of the working bee shortly.

Robert Pearce is organising the Site Office Roster for 2015 and we are looking for volunteers to staff the site office throughout the week and at the Showgrounds on Saturday morning. Send a PM to Robert if you would like more information and the times available. This is an opportunity to get to meet some very interesting participants and over the past few years I have been told some amazing stories of conversations between volunteers and participants. On Friday the Site Office at Ball Park will be open all day. On Monday through to Thursday it will be open for a few hours in the morning and again from 3 until 6pm. The Committee of KVE are very grateful of your help as we are busy organising other things during the week.

Check the website regularly for updates. this is on the home page.
Research & Development
THE COROWA YEAR 30 PROJECT
Old 10-01-15, 09:25
Corowa Project 30

The Corowa Website has gone through some recent changes so hopefully you are all looking at it. If anyone has some photos from 1980 to 1999 please send them to me with captions attached.

The following are from 1980.
Attached Thumbnails
COROWA  1980 25.jpg   COROWA 1980 11.jpg   COROWA 1980 30.jpg   COROWA 1980 35.jpg   COROWA 1980  4.jpg  

Research & Development
THE COROWA YEAR 30 PROJECT