MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > MILITARY VEHICLES > Post-war Military Vehicles

Notices

Old 07-12-13, 23:56
RIP

Default Iltis Military Police version

Does anyone have info on this variant? Other than the light and siren how else did it differ from the standard Iltis. Also, where on the dash were the controls for the light/siren?
Clive
Old 08-12-13, 02:53
carrier mech

The parts manual refer to it as an Rotating light and siren Installation kit, military police". It only covers those two items along with the required switch and relay. Not much else I'm afraid. I do not recall much else that was different on the MP Iltis, but in all honesty we did not see them that often. Given a choice a MP would far rather be in a Crown Victoria or a silverado, and the jeeps were not used much. Even on RVs, they were susceptible to being run over by APCs at movement control points during blackout moves.

Can't be much more help I'm afraid. I do have the mod instruction for the MP installation on the older jeep/M151A2 fleets but I never really squirreled away any of the Iltis material.
Old 08-12-13, 03:06
RIP

Was there a single switch or two? and where were they/it located?
C
Old 08-12-13, 04:19
Mr. HUP

Default MP Iltis

Other differences - these variants did not have to mind the speed limit or use their turn signals.
Old 08-12-13, 04:21
carrier mech

Looking at the parts manual it looks like just one multi function switch and some form of a control/relay box. By the parts manual it would appear to be on the right side of the gauges, but it is hard to say. If someone has the modification CFTOs you would likely get a much better answer. Where are all the Iltis guys tonight? Too cold to be out trying to fix or improve them!!
Old 08-12-13, 04:23
carrier mech

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHClarke View Post
Other differences - these variants did not have to mind the speed limit or use their turn signals.
They were also driven by guys who wore red berets and gave out speeding tickets with a "do as I say not as I do" attitude.

I have seen some photos of them with the "military police millitaire" decals on the bottom of the windshield, but I am not sure if that was by the book or just a remnant from the old jeeps.
Old 08-12-13, 04:30
carrier mech

Just noticed that Gilles has the Iltis modification for MP listed on his website. It should have all the answers for you.

I originally put the link to the PDF here, but I suspect that could lead to an overload on Gilles site, so you will have to go to militarytrucks.ca and find the CFTO C30108000/me003 on his Iltis page.

Last edited by rob love; 08-12-13 at 04:53.