MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > 'B' ECHELON > The Sergeants' Mess

Notices

Old 04-08-05, 20:27
Vets Dottir

Talking MLU-ers Story ... Once upon a time ,,,

Here's a fun thread to release your writer within ... a sentence, per person, added at a time ... I'll begin ....

Once upon a time there was a meeting place called MLU, and people (and animals such as dogs, :dh: and ) came from far and worldwide to ...
Old 06-08-05, 05:49
M38A1 CDN3

...participate in try and , and , and , and , and , in a land far away,known as "Monster Land Under".

Terrible, indeed were the monsters who roamed this area of little known ideas, and......
Old 06-08-05, 06:09
Vets Dottir

Quote:
Originally posted by Jon Skagfeld

Terrible, indeed were the monsters who roamed this area of little known ideas, and......
... funny how they were never prepared, nor could they ever see the frying pan coming from unconventional Left-Coast Little Monster-ous-er Miss Ma before it concussed them :
Old 06-08-05, 06:27
M38A1 CDN3

...you left no ellipsis with which to reply.:
Old 06-08-05, 06:37
Vets Dottir

Quote:
...you left no ellipsis with which to reply.:
ooooops ... here you go:

Old 06-08-05, 07:03
M38A1 CDN3

...but the concussion was entirely attributable to radical attempts to knock sense into Canadian politicians, who, in their navel-gazing togetherness, decided to...
Old 06-08-05, 07:32
Vets Dottir

Quote:
...but the concussion was entirely attributable to radical attempts to knock sense into Canadian politicians, who, in their navel-gazing togetherness, decided to...
...... ignore the wisdom that comes through wisdom and experience that comes through age because it was much more profitable for them to pretend ignorance and thus MLU-ers had to step in to ...
Old 06-08-05, 07:49
M38A1 CDN3

...created an environment where we all live in harmony, peace and good will...until you piss me off enough so that I have to waste ammunition in order to lift you to a higher order.

Oops, I digressed...back to the faery tale..whereupon, during Biblical times, it came to be known that Moses was not a sea-faring men, in fact, he was a very poor navigator.

During a voyage down the Nile, upon encountering a possible navigable problem, Moses yelled to the helmsman " Hard to port",
but Moses, as aforementioned, not being a sea faring person, misjudged the craft's passage, turned hard to starboard, and rammed the little craft into the bulrushes. Thus it was, and here endeth the lesson.

It is also said that Cleopatra laid down with and had carnal knowledge with Pharaoh, in the shadow of the Sphinx.

After a passage of time, Cleo approached Pharaoh, and said "Sire, I am with child, what steps will you take?"

Pharaoh replied..."****ing great steps", as he did an about turn and disappeared in a cloud of dust and camel shit.

Now, truly, herein endeth the lessons, which can only be...
Old 06-08-05, 08:02
Vets Dottir

Quote:
...created an environment where we all live in harmony, peace and good will...until you piss me off enough so that I have to waste ammunition in order to lift you to a higher order.

Oops, I digressed...back to the faery tale..whereupon, during Biblical times, it came to be known that Moses was not a sea-faring men, in fact, he was a very poor navigator.

During a voyage down the Nile, upon encountering a possible navigable problem, Moses yelled to the helmsman " Hard to port",
but Moses, as aforementioned, not being a sea faring person, misjudged the craft's passage, turned hard to starboard, and rammed the little craft into the bulrushes. Thus it was, and here endeth the lesson.

It is also said that Cleopatra laid down with and had carnal knowledge with Pharaoh, in the shadow of the Sphinx.

After a passage of time, Cleo approached Pharaoh, and said "Sire, I am with child, what steps will you take?"

Pharaoh replied..."****ing great steps", as he did an about turn and disappeared in a cloud of dust and camel shit.

Now, truly, herein endeth the lessons, which can only be...
.... avoid Pharoahs who beget and be-gone-once-beget-has-begot, and also avoid politicians ... your life depends upon it ... but where in all of this are the MLU-ers? ... speak now ...
Old 06-08-05, 08:50

Quote:
Originally posted by Vets Dottir
.... avoid Pharoahs who beget and be-gone-once-beget-has-begot, and also avoid politicians ... your life depends upon it ... but where in all of this are the MLU-ers? ... speak now ...
Hold a minute I am just doing up my zip so that I too can beat a hasty retreat just like Pharoah, but rather then running away from a woman in trouble who should have had the sense to keep her knickers on, I am running from a wet patch of daisies in the garden of an old dear who...just like Vets.....has a rather large frypan and is intent on .

And as I pass the barn at a great rate of knots I spy from the corner of my eye not a but a beautiful rust red............

cheers
Cliff
Old 06-08-05, 09:23
Vets Dottir

Quote:
Originally posted by cliff
Hold a minute I am just doing up my zip so that I too can beat a hasty retreat just like Pharoah, but rather then running away from a woman in trouble who should have had the sense to keep her knickers on, I am running from a wet patch of daisies in the garden of an old dear who...just like Vets.....has a rather large frypan and is intent on .

And as I pass the barn at a great rate of knots I spy from the corner of my eye not a but a beautiful rust red............

cheers
Cliff
(hmmmmmmmm ... spotted a new-to-you CMP didya Cliff? )
Old 06-08-05, 10:29
Film maker, CMP addict

Default Rust red...

...rock. I stared at it, somewhat gobsmacked, for here it was, smack in the middle of Queensland, Ayres Rock.

The sun was setting, and it was going through it's fantastic range of colours. But how could it have got here, and what of the poor sods who were in it's way when it dropped in? How could I have missed the sound of it's fall?

I rubbed my eyes, swearing off vegemite for a time, as it's effects as a hallucigen are well known.

Meanwhile, in Perth a vast military convoy sets out... it's objective Ayres Rock. Little do they know all they'll find is a giant hole in the ground.

42 FGT No8 (Aust) remains
42 FGT No9 (Aust)
42 F15
Keith Webb
Macleod, Victoria Australia
Also Canadian Military Pattern Vehicles group on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/groups/canadianmilitarypattern
Old 06-08-05, 15:02
No1, Mk 2** (I'm back!)

After many nights in the wilderness, the convoy arrives at the GPS co-ordinates of the rock to find a red-raw hole in the ground, much like a freshly pulled tooth. Accusing fingers are immediately pointed at the South Australians (known for their absconding with heritage items), but they reply...........
Attached Thumbnails
hole in ground.jpg  
Old 06-08-05, 15:27
RIP

It was here the last time I looked, maybe a Dingo took it and .......
Old 06-08-05, 21:57
Film maker, CMP addict

Default next

...Suddenly, a bright flash of lightning and loud roll of thunder announced the commencement of a torrential downpour. The ground was rapidly becoming too soft to support the convoy which was by now assembled on the crater's floor. "What the f&@* are we going to do now" thought the expedition's C.O. as Jeeps and Bedfords flailed about in the axle deep mud... fortunately the CMPs, with their superior Canadian design were not affected...

42 FGT No9 (Aust)
42 F15
Keith Webb
Old 06-08-05, 22:52

Default next

....as they were going to go to their rightful owners the Queenslanders so the 'Big Boss' above (who was a Queenslander ) had arranged some rain to make this happen and also to make some daisies grow so that all the men could be caught watering them to give Ma Yappy some right arm exercise with a heavy weight, here on known as a frying pan, when ever she caught them at it and could run fast enough to......
Old 06-08-05, 23:05
Film maker, CMP addict

Default next

"You can yap, but you can't run!" roared the group leader as Yappy, going as fast as her little legs could carry her chased the mud-bedraggled convoy. The CMPs were in the lead, towing the less capable trucks and cars they had extricated from the mire in the nick of time. "Thank goodness Sid Swallow knew how to design 'em" he reflected as he adjusted his slouch hat and munched on a chocolate biscuit later that evening.
Their supplies of Tim Tams were safe for the time being, or were they...

42 FGT No9 (Aust)
42 F15
Keith Webb
Old 07-08-05, 00:21
RIP

Default Next

The Tim tams were not safe,because the little frying pan yapster HAD to satify her sweet tooth,AND she knew who was hoarding her favorite delicacy(besides vegemite that is).The last we saw of her she was weilding her favorite cooking implement while yelling at GWB to help get her out of that slimy Ayer's Rock mud aftermath with those CMP's in the distance roaring away from her as she....
Old 07-08-05, 01:59
M38A1 CDN3

Default Re: Next

Quote:
Originally posted by Garry Shipton
The Tim tams were not safe,because the little frying pan yapster HAD to satify her sweet tooth,AND she knew who was hoarding her favorite delicacy(besides vegemite that is).The last we saw of her she was weilding her favorite cooking implement while yelling at GWB to help get her out of that slimy Ayer's Rock mud aftermath with those CMP's in the distance roaring away from her as she....
..kissed a horny toad, thinking that it was a frog. The result was a gay Prince with warts, who, in his inimitable style...
Old 07-08-05, 02:39
Film maker, CMP addict

Default Re: Re: Next

Quote:
..kissed a horny toad, thinking that it was a frog. The result was a gay Prince with warts, who, in his inimitable style...
...went into politics and became the Canadian Prime Minister. "Just my luck" Yappy thought ruefully as she felt the cold steel of the frying pan handle in her hand. Her eyes narrowed as she strained to make out the man at the head of the convoy. She'd seen him only briefly, but she could still feel the thrill of that meeting coursing through her tiny frame. Her reverie was rudely interrupted by the roar of a P51D Mustang passing just feet above her head...

42 FGT No9 (Aust)
42 F15
Keith Webb
Old 07-08-05, 02:40

got laid out by Ma Yappy with the frying pan because he forgot to bring his supply of Tim Tams for her to share. When he came to with a groan and glaced up he couldn't believe what he could see! it was.......

EDIT you beat me on this one Keith
Old 07-08-05, 04:11
No1, Mk 2** (I'm back!)

Quote:
got laid out by Ma Yappy with the frying pan because he forgot to bring his supply of Tim Tams for her to share. When he came to with a groan and glaced up he couldn't believe what he could see! it was.......

EDIT you beat me on this one Keith
.. a Marmon-Herrington axle under the front end of a 1940 Ford F15A. "My God', he thought "Could this be a prototype CMP out here in the Australian desert, or is it just.......
Old 07-08-05, 08:22
M38A1 CDN3

...that damned P51D giving Yappy the whole nine yards, with which she in turn, fabricated more pans, frying, soldiers, for the use of?

Meanwhile, back in the land of Oz (Dorothy-type Oz, that is), Toto, shaking his head, says...
Old 07-08-05, 08:44

Quote:
Meanwhile, back in the land of Oz (Dorothy-type Oz, that is), Toto, shaking his head, says...
These guys have CMP (complicated multiple personality) disorder!!!!! Especially that Ma Yappy who was busy doing...........
Old 07-08-05, 08:58
Commonwealth NOT Europe

Quote:
These guys have CMP (complicated multiple personality) disorder!!!!! Especially that Ma Yappy who was busy doing...........
Her daily exercise routine, throwing skillet after pan at the row of old empty XXXX cans that Sunray had carelessly left along the top rail of the fence; practicing for when the local tim-tam smuggler came through on his next night-time run.............

A wasted youth is better by far than a wise and productive old age!! (Meatloaf)
Old 07-08-05, 10:43

Quote:
Originally posted by DaveCox
Her daily exercise routine, throwing skillet after pan at the row of old empty XXXX cans that Sunray had carelessly left along the top rail of the fence; practicing for when the local tim-tam smuggler came through on his next night-time run.............
down highway 6 heading for Toronto to board the good ship lolly pop and sail off to..........

www.wheelsandtracks.com
>> Condor A580 M+85691 (1952), Swiss Army Motorbike (unrestored)
>> F15 1942 Aust (Cab 13) ::: restored by Keefy
Old 07-08-05, 12:38

Quote:
Originally posted by zemsi
down highway 6 heading for Toronto to board the good ship lolly pop and sail off to..........
the land of Oz with the Arnott buscuit factory to get a job tasting the Tim Tams and as she gazed into the distance towards her goal she was thinking.......
Old 07-08-05, 12:46
Film maker, CMP addict

Default thinking

Quote:
the land of Oz with the Arnott buscuit factory to get a job tasting the Tim Tams and as she gazed into the distance towards her goal she was thinking.......
...thinking, longing for that man she had fleetingly seen at the head of the convoy. She thought her heart must surely break, she was so enraptured. Then, one day, a postcard arrived in the mail...

42 FGT No9 (Aust)
42 F15
Keith Webb
Old 07-08-05, 12:46

and wondering will her hero from down under or Tony the tim tam conisour of oz be able to meet the good ship lolly pop as she sails into Sydney Harbour, oh no she's realised it's only a dream...........

www.wheelsandtracks.com
>> Condor A580 M+85691 (1952), Swiss Army Motorbike (unrestored)
>> F15 1942 Aust (Cab 13) ::: restored by Keefy
Old 07-08-05, 13:57
No1, Mk 2** (I'm back!)

Default Re: thinking

Quote:
Originally posted by Keith Webb
...thinking, longing for that man she had fleetingly seen at the head of the convoy. She thought her heart must surely break, she was so enraptured. Then, one day, a postcard arrived in the mail...
.... from a mysterious, wise and ancient Guru (with a pleasing sun-weathered face), telling her the answers she seeks lie not in this plane of existance, but in a realm of higher conciousness, one that she must prepare to journey to .....
Attached Images