MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > 'B' ECHELON > The Sergeants' Mess

Notices

Old 01-02-06, 04:04
Vets Dottir

Geez ... Master Sunray forayed to the fridge this evening and LOUDLY informed me, in no uncertain terms, that I MUST TAKE MY VEGEMITE WITH ME WHEN I LEAVE (I shall not conform, I shall not conform??? )... ... and this AFTER absolutely loving my gravies and special soups, etc, that he LOVED ... but AFTERWARDS I informed him I'd used VEGEMITE ... only to see the shock and outrage suddenly appear on his pore old face ... "I'VE BEEN TRICKED said he" !

Lawd have mercy anyhoo ...

( I'm leaving the Vegemite behind ... tee hee hee )

( I'll have my spies visit and check the Vegemite jar to see if it's used )

Ma Yappy
Old 01-02-06, 04:11
Film maker, CMP addict

Default Vegemite

I have it on videotape: "Not bad" says Jif after trying it on toast. Evidence indeed. He really means for you to leave it there. He's a closet Aussie, I'm sure.

42 FGT No8 (Aust) remains
42 FGT No9 (Aust)
42 F15
Keith Webb
Macleod, Victoria Australia
Also Canadian Military Pattern Vehicles group on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/groups/canadianmilitarypattern
Old 01-02-06, 04:31
Vets Dottir

Default Re: Vegemite

Quote:
Originally posted by Keith Webb
I have it on videotape: "Not bad" says Jif after trying it on toast. Evidence indeed. He really means for you to leave it there. He's a closet Aussie, I'm sure.
Okay ... in that case, am leaving it for sure
Old 01-02-06, 12:35
former OC MLU, AKA 'Jif' - sadly no longer with us

Default Re: Vegemite

Quote:
Originally posted by Keith Webb
Not quite, you old coot... I still don't have a slouch hat, but I do have your bad manners and delightfully flippant view of life. When I start eating Vegemite out of the jar and saying 'G'day, mate!', you'll know I'm screwed.

"Allo, Bruce!"
Old 01-02-06, 13:30
Pops

When you start saying G'day mate we will have to give you a Aussie nickname like .... bluey or perhaps curly,...
Max... the silver one.
Old 01-02-06, 22:53
T' Guns thank God t' guns

Default G'Day Bruce!

J'a moind if we call ya Bruce, just to avoid confusion?

Mike (aka Bruce)
www.calnan.com/swords
Old 01-02-06, 23:31
Derek Heuring

Quote:
Originally posted by Vets Dottir
Geez ... Master Sunray forayed to the fridge this evening and LOUDLY informed me, in no uncertain terms, that I MUST TAKE MY VEGEMITE WITH ME WHEN I LEAVE (I shall not conform, I shall not conform??? )... ... and this AFTER absolutely loving my gravies and special soups, etc, that he LOVED ... but AFTERWARDS I informed him I'd used VEGEMITE ... only to see the shock and outrage suddenly appear on his pore old face ... "I'VE BEEN TRICKED said he" !

Lawd have mercy anyhoo ...

( I'm leaving the Vegemite behind ... tee hee hee )

( I'll have my spies visit and check the Vegemite jar to see if it's used )

Ma Yappy

If Mr. Spinning-Bull doesn't want the vegemite, send it on down here girl! I love the stuff!
Old 02-02-06, 11:09

Unhappy

Well, I just saw Ma Yappy off in an airport limo. She'll get back online when she gets the chance.

No comments necessary, my friends; it's the end of a brief era for both of us, and we both have feelings about this we'd rather keep private. Thanks for your understanding, but please, wish her luck in setting up a new life out west!

All I can tell you is the cats here are going to be totally confused wandering an empty house all day long!

Old 02-02-06, 15:51
Derek Heuring

Quote:
Originally posted by Geoff Winnington-Ball
Well, I just saw Ma Yappy off in an airport limo. She'll get back online when she gets the chance.

No comments necessary, my friends; it's the end of a brief era for both of us, and we both have feelings about this we'd rather keep private. Thanks for your understanding, but please, wish her luck in setting up a new life out west!

All I can tell you is the cats here are going to be totally confused wandering an empty house all day long!

Been there, done that Geoff. I know what both of you are going through. Hope you both take solace in the fact that you're part of a very large extended family that care for both of you.
Old 02-02-06, 16:48
No1, Mk 2** (I'm back!)

Quote:
No comments necessary, my friends; it's the end of a brief era for both of us, and we both have feelings about this we'd rather keep private.
Does this have anything to do with you turning the para-geriatric age of 53? In the warmer climes of the Southern Hemisphere, this is not terminally debilitating, but I could imagine it could be a MAJOR handicap in the frozen north. In fact, with a guaranteed supply of Tim-Tams and southern sunshine (and a Slouch Hat to protect you), you could be as fit as Max! All is not lost, act now!
Old 02-02-06, 18:01
T' Guns thank God t' guns

Default Mid Life Crises for MLUers

No pickin' on Cardinal Fang for the unstoppable ticking of nature's clock...

Most men express their mid life crises by buying a bright red sports car... us MLUers go and get another Blitz!

Beside, ever tried to keep a slouch hat on in a convertible sports car? Much easier in a CMP and looks cooler, too!

Mike
www.calnan.com/swords
Old 02-02-06, 18:36

Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Smith
Does this have anything to do with you turning the para-geriatric age of 53? In the warmer climes of the Southern Hemisphere, this is not terminally debilitating, but I could imagine it could be a MAJOR handicap in the frozen north. In fact, with a guaranteed supply of Tim-Tams and southern sunshine (and a Slouch Hat to protect you), you could be as fit as Max! All is not lost, act now!
I'm 5'10", 150 lbs, and standing upright on my own. I smoke and I drink (albeit not as much as in past years), and I have a Tilley Hat as well as a pisspot helmet and a WW2-dated beret, so I'm basically good-to-go. The dampness down here DOES hurt my old broken bones from time-to-time, but I'll live.

Out of respect for Karmen, I won't say that I miss her already. Hopefully, she'll be greeting you all online soon.
Old 03-02-06, 01:13
Senior Forum Member

Talking ...either rotten aim or the 'OLD BAT' forgot....

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark W. Tonner
P.P.S. ....don't forget to wave when you fly over London, or there abouts.....
Quote:
I'll wave AND drop a frying pan on your head as I fly over ... howz zat?
.... well MA you must have missed, no frying pans fell from the sky here in London today....... maybe next time......
Old 03-02-06, 03:51
Pops

So who gets to eat the Owen Sound tim tams now or are they gone already.
Tony, Geoff has to eat a lot of roast lamb to be as fit as me.
Max
Old 03-02-06, 05:08

Won't be this weekend, but perhaps the next, depending on weather. I'll call Jon tomorrow or Saturday to arrange. He and I are well overdue for a piss-up (this is a 30-year tradition with us).

PS: anyone here know where to get a good walking-out kilt (I need a MacKenzie)? Don't need and can't afford a dress kilt, but methinks it's time to assert m'self; ammunition boots, a kilt and a khaki beret kind of settles my headspace. It's been too damned long, and spring's a'comin'...
Old 03-02-06, 05:13

Thumbs up PS

When I got home from work today, there was a voicemail from Karmen. She's at her daughter's place in Calgary, exhausted (as am I) but OK. She'll get online when opportunity allows.

Old 03-02-06, 17:56
Proud Grandson of a Roo!

Welcome to Calgary MA!

Hopefully you were unable to smuggle that much feared pan through airport security!
Old 03-02-06, 18:16
RIP

Default Geoff-re a kilt

I have two -a Hamilton dress tartan and a Sutherland battle tartan.Unfortunately,neither would fit you ,having seen that statuesque build of yours,up on the carrier during the Ottawa veterans parade.But I'll ask around with my contacts here .An easier tarton that can be picked up here is a Black Watch tartan.
If your looking to buy a kilt will set you back a minimun $ 500 big ones.Your best bet,especially in the Toronto area is to put a want ad in the local rag and find a used one.

Good luck buddy

By the By
Sat down and drained a six pack of Molson Dry in honor of your birthday,HIC
Old 04-02-06, 23:36

Default Karmen sez hi

Just heard from her... she's on-the-ground in B.C., tired but well after a day on the bus from Calgary. She asked me to say hi to all of you and said she'll get online when she can, but has to get settled first; as you might imagine, this exercise has been tough on her, but she's a tough little thing and she sounds great, all things considered.

I'll keep you posted until she can jump in here herself.

Cheers, Ma!

Old 04-02-06, 23:42

Default Re: Geoff-re a kilt

Quote:
Originally posted by Garry Shipton
I have two -a Hamilton dress tartan and a Sutherland battle tartan.Unfortunately,neither would fit you ,having seen that statuesque build of yours,up on the carrier during the Ottawa veterans parade.But I'll ask around with my contacts here .An easier tarton that can be picked up here is a Black Watch tartan.
If your looking to buy a kilt will set you back a minimun $ 500 big ones.Your best bet,especially in the Toronto area is to put a want ad in the local rag and find a used one.

Good luck buddy

By the By
Sat down and drained a six pack of Molson Dry in honor of your birthday,HIC
Thanks, bub, but we MacKenzies are an ornery lot, and I suspect I'll just have to spring for a new one between now and the end of winter! There's a Campbell at the bar near my work, and we put down our broadswords long enough for him to tell me of two Scottish shops downtown here. I'll have to check 'em out...
Old 05-02-06, 07:08
M38A1 CDN3

Quote:
Originally posted by Max Hedges
So who gets to eat the Owen Sound tim tams now or are they gone already.
Tony, Geoff has to eat a lot of roast lamb to be as fit as me.
Max
Happy to say ('urp!), that the Dark Chocolate and Tia Maria Tim Tams were just devoured during this week.

Wouldn't want them to have freezer burn now, would we?

Now...when the hell is Arnott's going to start distributing their goodies in Ontario?
Old 05-02-06, 07:18
M38A1 CDN3

Quote:
Won't be this weekend, but perhaps the next, depending on weather. I'll call Jon tomorrow or Saturday to arrange. He and I are well overdue for a piss-up (this is a 30-year tradition with us).

PS: anyone here know where to get a good walking-out kilt (I need a MacKenzie)? Don't need and can't afford a dress kilt, but methinks it's time to assert m'self; ammunition boots, a kilt and a khaki beret kind of settles my headspace. It's been too damned long, and spring's a'comin'...
Reference piss-up: Lotsa luck, buddy...we've had a severe weather warning/watch for the last 12 hours and extending to the next 48 hours.

Dunno what it's like in Toronto's Lotus Land, but we've just been hammered with a NNW howling wind which dropped over 40 cm of snow in a few hours. Forecast is for another 10-15 cm tomorrow (Sunday).

If Betty really wants/has to go to church tomorrow, I'll have to shake a leg at about o' dark thirty and snow blow the driveway.

Ferchrissakes, I thought I was retired and didn't have to react to Nature's foibles.

Speaking of Nature...if I ever get my hands on that slimy little bastard rodent aka Wiarton Willie, I'll throttle the bugger.

(Sort of a Canadian inside joke about a prognostication of how long winter will last, based on an albino groundhog who should know better)... Only in Canada you say,.....
Old 06-02-06, 22:42
Vets Dottir

Default Hello ...

Well ... the Ma Yappy has landed ... this is the first I've been online since leaving Toronto, and this message just a short-n-sweet thing (just like me wee bittie self )

All is well ... daughter and I had wonderful visit, though too brief, and I hate her because she has a no-smoking place ... (I was fine ... Calgary unseasonably wonderful and mild!!!)

Am still exhausted from all this travelling/shifting ... but am settled into a cheap off-season rate motel (but its nice/clean/cooking/owners awesome) until I land a permanant place ... it's also possible that I may be able to have cable hookup for internet while at the motel (YES .... the computer survived both the plane ride AND the bus ride!!!!!!!!!!! EXCELLENTTTTTT!

Sorry folks ... gotta run ... more soon ...I miss you bunch-a-nuts ... but now I've found this cyber cafe today, I'll be back soon, to use it (serves EXCELLENT coffee as well) if I can't get temproary cable net.

PS: My mind is even more toast than usual!!!

Ma
Old 06-02-06, 22:51
Film maker, CMP addict

Default Yapster

WELCOME BACK!

Nice to see you yap again!

42 FGT No8 (Aust) remains
42 FGT No9 (Aust)
42 F15
Keith Webb
Macleod, Victoria Australia
Also Canadian Military Pattern Vehicles group on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/groups/canadianmilitarypattern
Old 06-02-06, 23:24
Derek Heuring

Default Re: Hello ...

Quote:
Well ... the Ma Yappy has landed ... this is the first I've been online since leaving Toronto, and this message just a short-n-sweet thing (just like me wee bittie self )

All is well ... daughter and I had wonderful visit, though too brief, and I hate her because she has a no-smoking place ... (I was fine ... Calgary unseasonably wonderful and mild!!!)

Am still exhausted from all this travelling/shifting ... but am settled into a cheap off-season rate motel (but its nice/clean/cooking/owners awesome) until I land a permanant place ... it's also possible that I may be able to have cable hookup for internet while at the motel (YES .... the computer survived both the plane ride AND the bus ride!!!!!!!!!!! EXCELLENTTTTTT!

Sorry folks ... gotta run ... more soon ...I miss you bunch-a-nuts ... but now I've found this cyber cafe today, I'll be back soon, to use it (serves EXCELLENT coffee as well) if I can't get temproary cable net.

PS: My mind is even more toast than usual!!!

Ma

Welcome back Ma! Better get the frying pan out soon too, gotta keep that swingin' arm of yours limber!
Old 07-02-06, 23:17
Vets Dottir

Default Pathetic

Okay you sad-n-sorry bunch-a-nuts, you'll be really sorry to hear that I'm online in my motel unit now, with Shaw ... so you'll not have any more peace from me in here, nor will you be able to post cheeky comments about Ma Yappy with me missing those posts because I'm so far behind in postings (at least not for a month or so, then we'll see how the connectability goes)

Am having my fist lazy-doing-nothing day since long before leaving Toronto ... and I've needed it! Verra tired and sore ... but less tired, more sore as I've had to WALK lots ... OUCH!

This is all for the moment ... will be back later. Got some catchin' up to do online

THIS --> in case you missed my frying pan. I surely would not want you-all to be deprived for too long

Ma Yappy Rules!
Old 08-02-06, 00:04
Senior Forum Member

Exclamation Re: Pathetic

Quote:
.... nor will you be able to post cheeky comments about Ma Yappy with me missing those posts because I'm so far behind in postings....
? ? ? ... what difference does it make.... most go over your head anyways ... even when you are paying attention

..... Glad your back MA!.....maybe.....
Old 08-02-06, 06:10
Vets Dottir

Default Re: Re: Pathetic

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark W. Tonner
? ? ? ... what difference does it make.... most go over your head anyways ... even when you are paying attention

..... Glad your back MA!.....maybe.....
You're one to talk, you hairy old fart .... oops ... I meant to say hairy old beast! ... all that ole grey hair stuck in your eyes and ears and nose it's a wonder you notice anything

Well ... back I be's ...frying pans and all ... (thanks
Mark-Oh ... tis good to be back in here

Ma Yappy
Old 08-02-06, 09:16

welcome back Ma glad ya made it
Old 08-02-06, 17:44
Vets Dottir

Quote:
Originally posted by cliff
welcome back Ma glad ya made it
Thanks Cliff ......... and by the way, you wanna lend me that motorized wheel chair, my friend ... my feet and ankles misbehaving and walking is a real chore ....

(well, it was worth a shot, hey? I guess you don't want to part with that independence-machine )

Ma