MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > GENERAL WW2 TOPICS > WW2 Military History & Equipment

Notices

Old 30-11-18, 07:29

Default Stalag 1VB POW"S

Gentlemen: I have been honoured with a copy of a Canadian POW'S diary of his time in Stalag 1VB located in MUHLBERG Germany, the largest POW camp in Germany. He was a bomber crew member and was shot down over Germany. His crew mates were from Australia and other Commenwealth countries. I would like to share bits and pieces with you all and if you have a member of the family who was a POW at this camp, please let me know as there are a lot of names and addresses in the diary.
This is the first time it has been made public and is destined to go the the Canadian War Museum in Ottawa and the Stalag 1VB Museum in Muhlberg Germany.
Over the next little while.....Robert
Old 30-11-18, 11:13

And when it goes into the collection/storage of the Canadian War Museum it will never see the light of day again .
Old 30-11-18, 18:55

Default Good advice....

You are absolutely right James. I have warned my friend and his family to be wary of this situation. I am told though that the Camp Museum in Germany is extremely interested to get their hands on a copy. From just glancing through the book, I can see why. Just the list of names astounds me.
We'll keep you posted. Robert
Old 30-11-18, 19:19
carrier mech

Get it scanned and hosted somewhere on the net. That way it gets done right away, and you cut out a lot of middlemen and round tuits.