MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > 'B' ECHELON > The Sergeants' Mess

Notices

Old 05-09-04, 01:37
Vets Dottir

Thumbs down Gawwwwwwd!

BOO

Did I scare you?

Gawwwwd ... I tell yah ... this placee is like a bluddy morgue lately .... where the heck are you all????????????

Labour Day Week-End ... it is, here in Canada!

twiddle thunms twiddle thumbs:

Old 05-09-04, 02:10
M38A1 CDN3

Default Re: Gawwwwwwd!

Quote:
Originally posted by Vets Dottir
BOO

Did I scare you?

Gawwwwd ... I tell yah ... this placee is like a bluddy morgue lately .... where the heck are you all????????????

Hey, Hippy Dippy Yappy Yippy...it's Labour Day week-end.

All infanteers suck back and reload...counter attack to follow, no enemy in sight, continuing the advance, wait, out.

Get Marko to translate.
Old 05-09-04, 03:09
former OC MLU, AKA 'Jif' - sadly no longer with us

Talking

Yep, the troops are all dug in, and the beer and rum ration has just come up with the carriers... the officers are all away and the sergeants are digging into their whiskey ration and getting into a good game of crown & anchor...
Old 05-09-04, 03:11
Vets Dottir

Default Re: Re: Gawwwwwwd!

Quote:
Originally posted by Jon Skagfeld
Hey, Hippy Dippy Yappy Yippy...it's Labour Day week-end.

All infanteers suck back and reload...counter attack to follow, no enemy in sight, continuing the advance, wait, out.

Get Marko to translate.
Okay,

C'mon

C'mon ... gimmie yore best shot and I don't care if you all talk shop .... (yah can't get me!)

Where is that anyways? Must have scared 'im off.
Old 05-09-04, 03:15
Vets Dottir

Quote:
Originally posted by Geoff Winnington-Ball
Yep, the troops are all dug in, and the beer and rum ration has just come up with the carriers... the officers are all away and the sergeants are digging into their whiskey ration and getting into a good game of crown & anchor...
Heyheyhey ...SUNRAY ...
wazzup witdat yo dud? cuttin' in frunta me lik dat? I was here FIRST... ever hear of first? :

I'll have one a those drinkies thank you verra much ...
Old 05-09-04, 04:06
Senior Forum Member

Default Re: Gawwwwwwd!

Quote:
BOO

Did I scare you?

WE ARE ALL HIDING FROM YOU FOOL!!!!
Old 05-09-04, 04:11
Senior Forum Member

Default Re: Re: Re: Gawwwwwwd!

Quote:
Where is that anyways? Must have scared 'im off.
I'M RIGHT HERE YA BLIND OLD BAT! WHERE THE H*LL DID YOU THINK I WAS...I'VE BEEN HERE ALL ALONG..... ...must be the Recce in me coming out again.....Good cam job, that's why you didn't notice me .......:idea: ....
Old 05-09-04, 04:48
Art Johnson

Default Rum Ration?

Hey GWB the rum ration was fine but at home DRAMBUIE is King.
Old 05-09-04, 05:22

Default OK, fair enough...

So before you once again bugger off to the Hurricane State for the winter, remind me to drive to Toronto and buy you one...
Old 05-09-04, 06:11
Vets Dottir

Default Re: OK, fair enough...

Quote:
Originally posted by Geoff Winnington-Ball
So before you once again bugger off to the Hurricane State for the winter, remind me to drive to Toronto and buy you one...
Hey GEOFF ..... ART's a little forgetful so I'm taking liberties for him just in case he forgets... Don't forget to BUGGER OFF ... to Toronto and buy Art some Drambuie!

And hey ... whaddaya all think about that ungratefful NORM CROMIEDo yah know what he DID to me????

Well ... I never was so bowled over He had a little belly-ache so I sent him a FLOWER to cheer him up, I thought (yah right. Ingrate!). And yah know what that bugger DID? He SENT IT BACK to me and asked me if I was ON LSD when I sent it So I said to myself, SELF, I'll keep my damned flower and Master Cromie can live without it. I don't play Indian-Giver Its now on my desktop ... but I HAVE been dreaming about Timothy Leary ... which makes me leery, because he's in psychedilic colour (what was in that attachment Norm????? Whaddidya send me?)

Geee ... anyone seen Marko lately? Can't see/hear 'im at'all lately. Guess it could be because I see no evil, hear no evil, speak no ... (well... two outta three ain't bad. Right?) :

Hey ... Marko ...
Old 05-09-04, 06:39
Vets Dottir

Default Ohhhh ...SPOOKY

Quote:
Hey GEOFF ..... ART's a little forgetful so I'm taking liberties for him just in case he forgets... Don't forget to BUGGER OFF ... to Toronto and buy Art some Drambuie!

And hey ... whaddaya all think about that ungratefful NORM CROMIEDo yah know what he DID to me????

Well ... I never was so bowled over He had a little belly-ache so I sent him a FLOWER to cheer him up, I thought (yah right. Ingrate!). And yah know what that bugger DID? He SENT IT BACK to me and asked me if I was ON LSD when I sent it So I said to myself, SELF, I'll keep my damned flower and Master Cromie can live without it. I don't play Indian-Giver Its now on my desktop ... but I HAVE been dreaming about Timothy Leary ... which makes me leery, because he's in psychedilic colour (what was in that attachment Norm????? Whaddidya send me?)

Geee ... anyone seen Marko lately? Can't see/hear 'im at'all lately. Guess it could be because I see no evil, hear no evil, speak no ... (well... two outta three ain't bad. Right?) :

Hey ... Marko ...
a little invisible editorial Wizard-ry beat me to the punch... (tanks)
Old 05-09-04, 06:45

Default Re: Ohhhh ...SPOOKY

Quote:
a little invisible editorial Wizard-ry beat me to the punch... (tanks)
We also serve, who edit and repost...

Now, go talk to Norm's last, ye Pixie Git!
Old 05-09-04, 15:23
Senior Forum Member

Talking Re: - - - -

HELLO YAPPY,...OH!, YOUR NOT HERE,.....OH WELL, I WAS HERE AND YOU WEREN'T,....MAYBE NEXT TIME!....BYE ....
Old 05-09-04, 22:51
Vets Dottir

Default Re: Re: - - - -

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark W. Tonner
HELLO YAPPY,...OH!, YOUR NOT HERE,.....OH WELL, I WAS HERE AND YOU WEREN'T,....MAYBE NEXT TIME!....BYE ....
I'm back
Old 05-09-04, 22:55
Senior Forum Member

Default Re: Re: Re: - - - -

Quote:
I'm back
Thats Nice........Bye!
Old 06-09-04, 03:51
Art Johnson

Default Norm Cromie

Hello all, especially you Carman. I know that Norm has posted some of his humorous stories for us to enjoy but he has a serious side as well. Norm has a son who is involved in video production and when his granddaughter was assigned by her school a project to interview a veteran she interviewed her grandfather. The result was a CD that has some sad as well as humorous stories. There is one about his experience in Ortona that is very good. Maybe Betty will transcribe it for us? I can tell you that Norm like most Veterans hate war with a vengence.
Old 06-09-04, 04:15
"Mr. Manual", sadly no longer with us

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Gawwwwwwd!

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark W. Tonner
I'M RIGHT HERE YA BLIND OLD BAT! WHERE THE H*LL DID YOU THINK I WAS...I'VE BEEN HERE ALL ALONG..... ...must be the Recce in me coming out again.....Good cam job, that's why you didn't notice me .......:idea: ....
INCOMING.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-09-04, 04:15
West Coaster

Default Boo Hoo

K

Good morning. Us old soldiers are dozing in the early fall sunlinght.. allowing the warm aroma of summer grass to fill our senses reminding us of countless nights spent on picket or in hoochies trying to get just an hours sleep ... so don't wake us up with this Boo stuff OK?

Cheers
JD
Old 06-09-04, 04:52
Vets Dottir

Default Re: Norm Cromie

Quote:
Originally posted by Art Johnson
Hello all, especially you Carman. I know that Norm has posted some of his humorous stories for us to enjoy but he has a serious side as well. Norm has a son who is involved in video production and when his granddaughter was assigned by her school a project to interview a veteran she interviewed her grandfather. The result was a CD that has some sad as well as humorous stories. There is one about his experience in Ortona that is very good. Maybe Betty will transcribe it for us? I can tell you that Norm like most Veterans hate war with a vengence.
Ah Art, I thank you for everything you said in your post here. I want you to know that any humour coming from any of you Vets who experienced war directly, that I automatically ASSUME you all hate war, because YOU, more than anyone, lived it. You KNOW whats to hate and why about it all. I hate it too because of its impact.
I hate to think of what you all brought home with you and live with because I know it changes EVERYTHING. I also know that your expriences from your own mouths are the best and wisest education the world could have. I wish the world would "listen deeper" and learn from you all.

What I would give to be able to be sitting sipping Drambuie with you and Norm, and with Catherine and Betty ... listening to your stories and thoughts about your experiences. Just to "know and get wiser" myself.

Remember as well ... YOU guys are the VOICE that my Uncle and others like him, can speak through. You speak for them too, on their behalf.

Some of us listen and actually hear you ... some of us even understand

If I don't often touch on the more "serious side and ask direct questions", its because I fear upsetting anyone, or pushing old buttons is all. I want to hear the stories and your feelings and thoughts about them, but not at the cost of up setting someone who "lived it" ... I let YOU LEAD here

No man or woman is EVER the same ... it makes people more serious and more intolerant of stupid shit.

That CD sounds like one I'd like to see.
Oh... I talk with Norm and Betty sometimes too

From the Heart,
Karmen
Old 06-09-04, 05:02
Vets Dottir

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Gawwwwwwd!

Quote:
Originally posted by Alex Blair
INCOMING.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hmmmm.... it's Master Alex. How do to you too. Yah know you aren't too big and tough to feel a whump from my fry pan that could bring you to yore bluddy knees too!
Old 06-09-04, 05:09
Vets Dottir

Default Re: Boo Hoo

Quote:
Originally posted by JD Baillie
K

Good morning. Us old soldiers are dozing in the early fall sunlinght.. allowing the warm aroma of summer grass to fill our senses reminding us of countless nights spent on picket or in hoochies trying to get just an hours sleep ... so don't wake us up with this Boo stuff OK?

Cheers
JD
BOO!

Old 06-09-04, 14:51
Senior Forum Member

Talking Re: Re: Boo Hoo

Quote:
BOO!

"QUIET IN THE HIDE YOU BLOODY FOOL, SERGEANT-MAJOR GET THAT IDIOT'S NAME"!!!!!! ...............................

"THE NERVE OF SOME PEOPLE'S CHILDREN"!!!
Old 06-09-04, 15:22
Vets Dottir

Now leave me alone Hairy Old Beast Thang ... I'm sleep-walking-talking ... too much time yapping on the phone all nite with a secret admirer (pssst ... he has a kilt) Gee I think the SUN has come up ... just makes me wanna YAP!
Old 06-09-04, 16:12
Senior Forum Member

Talking Re: - - - - -

Quote:
... too much time yapping on the phone all nite with a secret admirer
DREAMING AGAIN!, ARE WE!.....SECRET ADMIRER.....IN YOUR DREAMS LADY.... : ........
Old 06-09-04, 19:27
West Coaster

Default Quiet in the hide...

Secret admirer with a kilt???

What - 1 900 Haggis?

JD
Old 06-09-04, 23:47
Vets Dottir

Wink I'll never tell

Ah ... 1 900 HAGGIS ... verra cute

MARK-O ..... what good is a lone Pixie Witch without a Verra Fine Wooing Courting Wizard in a Kilt to dream about (Oh ... be STILL me wee bittie Pixie Witch heart...I SWOON)... pore sad pathetic creature she would be indeed and would get real mean and indiscriminate with the cast iron skillet. Iffen you had any sense in yore hairy old beast mind at'all you'll be wishin' the Wee Bittie Yippy Dippy Yappy Little Miss Pixie Witch lass is NOT be dreamin ... for yore own sake. Now ponder that HBM-O iffen you be wantin' to keep yore knobbly old ankles, knees, and hairy old head PRAY that I am not dreaming for the SUN's dissapearance will shut my YAP and for then will be the time for ACTION!.. and I will no longer be content with dreaming about FRYDAY either ... less talk = more ACTION! Beware a QUIET YAPless Pixie Witch... it bodes no well for cheeky chaps such as yourself. Get yore personal lives and affairs in order!

Old 07-09-04, 01:41
Vets Dottir

Default Haggis Store

I met my Kiltie at a Haggis Store Invited him to my bunker for some Scotch but remembered I was out of it, only have coffee, so sigh, must do a raincheck. Picture it tho, HUGE VIKING IN A KILT! I decided I also needed to stock up on frying pans, one extra large in case he REALLY upsets me, ... he has some too, and we're bound to play dueling frying pans with pipers piping in the background for ambience. WHUMP DRONE WHUMP DRONE WHUMP Sounds like fun
Old 07-09-04, 03:22
"Mr. Manual", sadly no longer with us

Default Re: Haggis Store

Quote:
I met my Kiltie at a Haggis Store Invited him to my bunker for some Scotch but remembered I was out of it, only have coffee, so sigh, must do a raincheck. Picture it tho, HUGE VIKING IN A KILT! I decided I also needed to stock up on frying pans, one extra large in case he REALLY upsets me, ... he has some too, and we're bound to play dueling frying pans with pipers piping in the background for ambience. WHUMP DRONE WHUMP DRONE WHUMP Sounds like fun
Carman...
Try this for fun....
You are into "Thumping""..
You may find it relieves your boredom...
http://www.funnyclicks.com/members/fcmp9/66.jpg
Old 07-09-04, 03:38
Vets Dottir

Thumbs up My Viking in a Kilt

ALEX ... I am STILL scared to open links you post for me

But Hey ... I just happen to havea photo of my Viking. He's half Scot half Viking. I deeply regret that I do NOT (as yet) have a photoof himinhisKILT. Isn't he fearsome? And oh so VERY protctive of me. He will allow no one else but himself to whump me with frying pans ( I let him believe I need his protection: as it would hurt his feelings to know I can protect myself ..... ah...just SEE him below! I do so swoon and me wee bittie Pixie Witch Heart goes pitta pat THUMPTHUMPTHUMP sigh ... imagine a shared bunker til frying pans us do part.
Attached Images

Old 07-09-04, 15:20
Vets Dottir

Unhappy Sad ...

I've been pondering this Viking-Scot, and I tell you, Kilt or no kilt, he's too UGLY for wee bittie me ... besides which, he's much too large for my bunker and I'd have to keep him outside. I think there was something in the Haggis I ate before I looked at him. I could have SWORN he was handsome and fearsome ... but now when I look in the light of day andafterthe Haggis has left my wee bittie selfs body ... he's just downright ugly and scary :ek: Not my type at all.

I guess I'll line him up with Tugboat Annie. He'll like her and lose interest in me. If he doesn't like her, maybe he'll like that really snakey woman. What the heck's her name again??? Oh ya, MEDUSA. SHE would know how to stop him in his tracks if he gets outta line. Ya. GOOD plan! MEDUSA it is.

: (see what happens when it gets boring in here?)