MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > BUY, TRADE or SELL > For Sale Or Wanted

Notices

Old 30-01-23, 11:15

Default Ford Winch handbrake and mount.

G’day, I’m chasing after the floor mount winch handbrake lever assembly. Please contact if you have one that you don’t need. Regards Trent.
Old 30-01-23, 17:09

Is this for a gun tractor or other truck?
If for other trucks I'm not sure what lever they used - the comments below apply to the gun tractor.

To start with - I don't have an original Ford Winch brake lever for you. But I do have ideas.
In the FGT-01 parts list I see the winchhand brake lever and bracket assembly as part C01Q-2780. The same part number is listed in the SB-5 manual for (Canadian) 15 and 20 cwt trailers for use in their parking brake system. See the attached drawing from the trailer manual. If this is the style you are looking for, why not make one? I wanted to have one on hand for a 20 cwt trailer so fabricated one from flat steel and a commercial parking/emergency brake found on ebay.
Also attached are a photo of an original in place, a photo of the commercial pattern I started with and 2 photos of the lever I fabricated. The original does have casting draft that I wasn't able/willing to replicate on the mount but other than that I'm satisfied that unless you are expert or have an original to compare to it is "close enough". For dimensions, I blew up the drawing to match the size of the commercial pattern lever and then used that to measure.

On edit, looking at the F60-01 parts book, the diagram there for the winch lever looks similar but there may be differences.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford winch brake lever.jpg   Fabricated brake lever painted.jpg   original FGT winch brake lever in-place.jpg   Fabricated brake lever pre-paint.jpg   Commercial Ford brake lever.jpg  

Last edited by Grant Bowker; 30-01-23 at 17:19.
Old 03-02-23, 13:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant Bowker View Post
Is this for a gun tractor or other truck?
If for other trucks I'm not sure what lever they used - the comments below apply to the gun tractor.

To start with - I don't have an original Ford Winch brake lever for you. But I do have ideas.
In the FGT-01 parts list I see the winchhand brake lever and bracket assembly as part C01Q-2780. The same part number is listed in the SB-5 manual for (Canadian) 15 and 20 cwt trailers for use in their parking brake system. See the attached drawing from the trailer manual. If this is the style you are looking for, why not make one? I wanted to have one on hand for a 20 cwt trailer so fabricated one from flat steel and a commercial parking/emergency brake found on ebay.
Also attached are a photo of an original in place, a photo of the commercial pattern I started with and 2 photos of the lever I fabricated. The original does have casting draft that I wasn't able/willing to replicate on the mount but other than that I'm satisfied that unless you are expert or have an original to compare to it is "close enough". For dimensions, I blew up the drawing to match the size of the commercial pattern lever and then used that to measure.

On edit, looking at the F60-01 parts book, the diagram there for the winch lever looks similar but there may be differences.
Thank you for the reply Grant. That is certainly informative. Yes, what I’m looking for is for a Ford F60L. I’m very short on time with this project I have. Getting the truck ready for a bit of a trip over parts of Australia and are therefore hoping to find a “bolt in” original.