MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > 'B' ECHELON > Military Shows & Events

Notices

Old 12-04-07, 22:29
Mr. HUP

Default Cansec 11-12 April

The Canadian Association of Defence and Security Industries
(CADSI) holds an annual exposition (called CANSEC) of military and security companies and products in Ottawa. This year the event was held over the past two days. Attendance was by invitation only and usually is not open to the public. Info on CANSEC may be found at
https://www.defenceandsecurity.ca/cansec2007/

There were a number of tactical vehicles on display this year at the Congress Center and at the Cartier Square Drillhall. I managed to break away from my boss's entourage to take some snaps of a few vehicles or models on display.

There was an impressive amount of hardware and software on display, all focused on military and non-military security. As usual, the trucks held my interest. Some photos follow.

Last edited by RHClarke; 12-04-07 at 22:43.
Old 12-04-07, 22:36
Mr. HUP

Default Interesting Truck

This is International's military offering (details are available at the International Truck website):
Attached Thumbnails
int truck.jpg  

Last edited by RHClarke; 12-04-07 at 22:42.
Old 12-04-07, 22:41
Mr. HUP

Default G-Wagon and Models

Clockwise from the top left - Mercedes G-wagon, Duro model, Armoured Security Vehicle model, and RG-31 (Nyala) model. The full sized vehicles were on display at Cartier Square, but it was raining, and since I am no longer in the army, getting wet is no longer an option...

The armoured G-Wagon type Mercedes was quite a tight squeeze, but it had the Mercedes feel to it.

Overall, it was good to see the variety of equipment available to protect ourselves against evil-doers.
Attached Thumbnails
other trucks.jpg