MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > BUY, TRADE or SELL > For Sale Or Wanted

Notices

Old 12-09-10, 01:52
Darryl

Default WTB: M3A1 Scout Car

Gidday,

I’ve been on the lookout for an M3A1 Scout Car for a while with no joy so far. I have followed up a few leads on this forum, in Australia and on Milweb without success.

There still seems to be a number of M3A1’s in Australia and I would be keen to talk to anyone in aussie who has one for sale or if I could twist their arm into selling. It must be at least partially restored and a runner.

PM me please if you have anything.

Thanks.

Darryl
Old 12-09-10, 18:38
Driver Advance!

Ahh you missed out on the M3A1 that I just had for sale....Did you ever get the info for shipping that you were looking for?
43 Humber AC MK IV F133744 "Vandal" tri-owner
43 A27L Centaur MK III T185481

Last edited by lssah2025; 12-09-10 at 18:49.
Old 13-09-10, 01:20
Darryl

Default M3A1 Scout Car

Hi Lance

I got a rough idea on freight but with the exchange rate, the price put it out of my reach I'm afraid.

Thanks.

Darryl
Old 13-09-10, 15:05
Driver Advance!

Yea I can imagine that, I will look for a M3A1 for you in the states and see if I can find one in pretty decent shape..
Old 14-09-10, 09:57
Darryl

Hi Lance

Thanks for that.

Cheers

Darryl
Old 18-09-10, 00:01
Driver Advance!

Default M3 Scouts for sale on G503

NOT MY POST

http://g503.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=82&t=170614

7 scout cars for sale....

Finally getting close to putting my extra scout cars online for sale. Thought I would post a preview of what I am going to be selling within the next 60-90 days. I will be selling 5 scout cars that will include all body armor. I may not have complete hoods for all but can make any part needed or wanted. Each will come with repro roller, minus the roller springs. The springs are available from Gary Hebding. Each car will have complete back bumper assembly's and all flooring and footwells. The flooring will be sitting on the floor framework but none of the holes will be drilled to attach it. All will have engines, trannys, transfer cases, drive shafts, windshield armor and NOS inner and outer door handles with repro latches. The doors will have repro latches, vertical down locks and pistol port assembly's and the bracket on the lower door with the rubber bump stop to lock the upper door shield in place. None will have radiators as I have sold those off over the years. Some parts are missing off some of the engines and some engines are mostly complete. Basically you will have an olive drab painted rolling scout car that needs all mechanical parts rebuilt but you won't have to look for body or flooring parts or the ever elusive roller. . Condition of transmissions and transfer cases and differentials is unknown but all roll freely at this time. I will also have 2 running scout cars for sale with radiators and mostly complete but neither of them has the skate rail. Paul Greenstein is thinking of offering some more repro skate rails if he gets orders for at least 10 of them. I have used his skate rails and they are very nice, once welded together and they look absolutely original when finished. One of the scout cars that runs will have a CH-74 radio box with radios, antenna mast with MP-48 antenna with tie down kit and the smaller antenna that sits atop the radio box.original cross cut saw with brackets to attach to back armor, full compliment of footman loops, bipod on back bumper with brackets with leather strap tie down, original shovel with leather strap. It will have 4 original rear crew seats and ammo storage boxes, original rear wheel well armor, LS-3 loudspeaker, microphone, freash air funnels, cavalry door plaques, flag kit, right door map/document holder, binocular holder with binoculars , thompson machine gun ready bracket with thompson replica full auto airsoft gun, first aid kit bracket, original working headlights, original working horns, rebuilt generator, water pump, NOS carb, NOS fuel pump, rebuilt radiator,windshield armor, original bullet resistent glass, and both gas tanks have been cleaned out and coated to prevent any future rust. It will have two fixed position 30cal machine gun props made from original parts. I will also have another running scout car that is similar but without a lot of the accessories. The more complete running car is a 1943 model and I am listing it for $30,000 and the other running car is a 1941 model and I am listing it for $20,000 Both of these prices are an opening bid and naturally, I am hoping to get higher bids. The 5 rolling cars will be listed on Ebay at an opening bid of $10,000 each but if you want one before they are ready to be auctioned I will sell any one of them or all of them at $10,000 each, your choice. Payment is cash only. If interested please call Bob Gillard at 541 955-6166 I am in Grants Pass OregonLaser cut armor, battens, brackets and so forth for scout cars and half tracks...if it's on a scout car body or the M2 or M3 series HT, I have it or will make it...uncompromising quality !! please email me at bgillard43@yahoo.comscoutcars.com
Old 18-09-10, 00:53
Darryl

Hi Lance,

Yes, I have spoken to Bob about these. He has already sold the $20k one and the halftrack. I am just awaiting photos of the others.

Thanks for keeping me in mind.

Cheers

Darryl