MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > MILITARY VEHICLES > The Armour Forum

Notices

Old 05-06-08, 02:12
RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_Hayward View Post
I am not sure that a letter ever got through. I have e mailed the C/O and the Webmaster from the RCD site but to no avail. There are two photos on the site that could be used. They are out of copyright of course, but if you cannot contact and ask for permission, is it permissible to use them as they are out of copyright and give credit? This mortal man tries to do things by the book and with sensitivity and politeness.

I see that one of your photos Darrell was submitted by someone else to another site and is visible on it. These photos clearly get around!
The RCD's celebrate 150 years of service to Queen and Country and may have other priorities right now.
Old 05-06-08, 09:07
former Resident Historian

Default Website

Looks as though the website has not been updated for some time. It is however very nice to see that there is a site at all.

I was also very impressed with the Petawawa main site.

Here's to the proud Regiment, and in fact all Canadian forces.

Old 12-06-08, 18:44

Hi

It was 125 years, Clive. No worries. I was at the Pde in Ottawa last wknd and it was nicely done. Not often I'm embraced by the incoming CDS!!!

David

dragoons.ca is forever changing and updating. Their webmaster is a spouse of one of the troops and very busy. As for permission, it is my belief you don't need it if the pic is older than 50 yrs. Still it would have been nice to have had the Regt answer you. True, they are busy but you sent written correspondence!! The Ass Adjt must have been particulary harried that day!!

regards
Darrell
Old 12-06-08, 18:49
former Resident Historian

Default Rcd

Thanks matey! However I am going to leave it now thanks and I no longer need to make contact and bother the officers. I might however send them a copy of the magazine when published in a few weeks' time with a nice note.

My own website on GM history has not been updated for so long I can't remember but in truth I lost interest! It's been going so long it's often #1 on search engine results.