MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > 'B' ECHELON > Military Shows & Events

Notices

Old 14-08-19, 15:04

Default The British Are Coming! Event Report

Yesterday the Ottawa based Cold War Collection (CWC), with whom I volunteer and support were invited to be a part of an event organised by both the British High Commission and the Vintage Wings of Canada (VWOC). It was held at the home base of VWOC at Gatineau, Quebec, Canada.

The invitation was made to the CWC directly as there are personal connections with the CWC, and we have British Military vehicles to add to the whole flavour of the event which was, things British. Several British car clubs participated but I didn't get off our stand as we were mobbed all day.

This is the first time in a number of years the Red Arrows have brought their formation aerobatic display to North America and this event was a celebration of that and included a private reception later in the day.

We were very fortunate to be invited by Fl Lt Ben Ireland one of the engineering officers of the Red Arrows team to take the Collection's Ferret onto the flight line for a couple of photos, my fellow volunteer and MLU member Terry Warner took those photos as I stayed behind the wheel of the Ferret.

There are other images but they just wont load. Sometimes there are people at events that you wish to recognise and visit with but they are just too busy, many will know Dan McLaren and his Mach 1 Productions who are so familiar at airshows across North America, seen here on the phone.

If you think I am biased towards the Red Arrows youw would be right. While the Snowbirds are this country's first class display team I grew up in the UK and spent many a lazy childhood day sitting on the wall of the airfield at RAF Kemble watching the Folland Gnats of the Red Arrows doing circuits and bumps while drinking dandelion and burdock pop and eating Smiths Crisps. Oh how long ago that seems.

My thanks to fellow CWC volunteer Terry Warner and Paul Isaacs.
Attached Thumbnails
cwc ferret red arrows 06.jpg   cwc ferret red arrows 05.jpg   cwc ferret red arrows 04.jpg   cwc ferret red arrows 03.jpg   cwc ferret red arrows 08.jpg  

Home of the Maple Leaf Adapter
2 Canadian Mk1 Ferrets
Kawasaki KLR250 CFR 95-10908 ex PPCLI
Canadair CL70 CFR 58-91588
Armstrong MT500 serial CFR 86-78530
Two Canam 250s
Land Rover S3 Commanders Caravan Carawagon 16 GN 07
Trailer Cargo 3/4 T 2WHD 38 GJ 62