MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > 'B' ECHELON > Military Shows & Events

Notices

Old 09-05-10, 21:55

Default Parade in Fredericton

Here are a couple of pictures from Saturday's 65th anniversary VE Day in Fredericton New Brunswick.
Attached Thumbnails
002.jpg   003.jpg   004.jpg   005.jpg  
Attached Images

Old 09-05-10, 21:57

Default More Pictures

Here are a couple more. I will post more later this week.
Attached Thumbnails
006.jpg   007.jpg   008.jpg  
Old 10-05-10, 02:37

Default c15a watr

i helped mount the cab on that water truck.....seems to me brother blair was involved too.....but that was in nw ontario. i have video of it on test runs aswell. who's the new owner??? cheers, mike
Old 10-05-10, 10:55

Hi,
To bad no one told me that look like fun
Old 10-05-10, 13:48

Default More Pictures

Here are a few more photos. The 2 flat bed trailers arrived with vehicles from Nova Scotia and 2 from Moncton.
Attached Thumbnails
009.jpg   010.jpg   011.jpg   012.jpg   013.jpg  

Old 10-05-10, 13:51

Default More Pictures

I believe that the motorcycle was from Maine USA!
Attached Thumbnails
014.jpg   015.jpg   016.jpg   017.jpg   018.jpg  

Old 10-05-10, 13:58

Default Last Bunch of Pictures

It was very rare to see 3 CMPs in one place.... remember this is New Brunswick.....
The Bren Gun Carriers were both from Nova Scotia, and the Water Truck and M38 with the .50 cal are owned and driven by a husband and wife team, and their daughter was the co driver... One of the carriers was driven by a forum member, and was commanded by his son!, I have to say that his carrier is the most impressive one that I have ever seen! We all had a great time!

Craig Tanner
Burton N.B.
Attached Thumbnails
019.jpg   020.jpg   021.jpg  
Old 10-05-10, 14:39

Nice photos Craig. The C15A Water Truck is now owned by Bill Hebb in Moncton NB.

Here are a few more...

1942 Norton 16H owned by Sam Cormier
Attached Thumbnails
05.08.2010 007.jpg   05.08.2010 015.jpg   05.08.2010 106.jpg   05.08.2010 107.jpg   05.08.2010 105a.jpg  

Old 10-05-10, 14:47

A few more...
Attached Thumbnails
05.08.2010 026.jpg   05.08.2010 029.jpg   05.08.2010 031.jpg   05.08.2010 054.jpg   05.08.2010 091.jpg  

Old 13-05-10, 13:29

Nice pics guys. I remember that same stretch of Fredericton road from the 50th and 55th anniversaries. I was in Holland for the 60th and Ottawa for the 65th (cold and rainy). We had some Jeeps both wartime and post war for the parade along with a Lynx Armoured Car.
Old 15-05-10, 01:44

The motorcycle is actually 1940, But who's counting! :-)
Old 15-05-10, 11:35

It was very rare to see 3 CMPs in one place.... remember this is New Brunswick.....This is entirely due to our diligent and resourceful network of "road watchers" and informants keeping tabs on the whereabouts and travels of the nefarious group known as the "Hammond Farm Hoodlums", a group so intent on obtaining every CMP east of the Rockies that they will stop at nothing to accomplish their evil deeds! That being said, it was a great parade and gathering,all vehicles ran well and no need for the mighty Diamond T to unship the A frame.

Cheers , Bill
Old 15-05-10, 13:07
"Mr. Manual", sadly no longer with us

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Mulholland View Post
It was very rare to see 3 CMPs in one place.... remember this is New Brunswick.....

This is entirely due to our diligent and resourceful network of "road watchers" and informants keeping tabs on the whereabouts and travels of the nefarious group known as the "Hammond Farm Hoodlums", a group so intent on obtaining every CMP east of the Rockies that they will stop at nothing to accomplish their evil deeds! That being said, it was a great parade and gathering,all vehicles ran well and no need for the mighty Diamond T to unship the A frame.

Cheers , Bill
Is this REALLY Wild Willy Mulholland posting on MLU..??
Having not heard from you for eons,the Eastern Ontario CMP Mafia figured you got stuck under a truck somewhere out in the back 40 ..
The Old Diamond "T" looks boss..
Are you bringing the NB contingent up to the BBB at Bobs in June,..??
Enough of those bullshit excuses "I gotta work....Can't get the time off....they can't run with out me...Etc..
Just go stick your hand in a bucket of water..and then pull it out and look for the hole.....That is how fast you will be forgotten and replaced....
Get the hell up here and have some fun..Bring Donna..and all the rest of the CMP NB crowd..
With all your money you could charter a 747 and bring the Diamond "T" and dozen CMPs..a few carriers and half the population of New Brunswick..So get at it..I put off going south to INDY so I could stay for the BBB so you can get the hell up here and help me drink some of that lousy beer I brought back from INDY last trip..
Brother Al

Old 15-05-10, 18:17
Mr. HUP

Default Wild One!

Quote:

This is entirely due to our diligent and resourceful network of "road watchers" and informants keeping tabs on the whereabouts and travels of the nefarious group known as the "Hammond Farm Hoodlums", a group so intent on obtaining every CMP east of the Rockies that they will stop at nothing to accomplish their evil deeds! That being said, it was a great parade and gathering,all vehicles ran well and no need for the mighty Diamond T to unship the A frame.

Cheers , Bill
Bill, good to hear from you. Hopefully you and your sidekicks can make the trek up here next month. I promise you that I won't ask you to drive any deuce and a halfs from Kars this year... Has the Fredericton HUP sold yet?? Regards to the lady of the house.
Old 17-05-10, 02:12

Default Bbbb&b

Well Brother Al,Rob,Bob et al; Looks like I'm in the shit again!! I am going to be in BC, Campbell River to be exact, from the 7 - 21 June. Gotta get the Sr. junior call-sign packed up for the impending move back to NB,plus it may be the last chance to get some serious fishing in. I know, another excuse, but it's the best I've got at the moment. I just might finally more or less retire come Sept, so I just may have some time to do some of the things...........ah F!@% it, you know what I mean. For Rob - the boys and I have been looking fondly at the a/m HUP, I'm in need of a project as soon as I finish rebuilding the "T" from the one I have sitting in the hay field. The lady of the house rtns the kind regards.

Cheers, Bill
Old 17-05-10, 02:39
Mr. HUP

Default Veddy Interesting...

Quote:
...For Rob - the boys and I have been looking fondly at the a/m HUP, I'm in need of a project as soon as I finish rebuilding the "T" from the one I have sitting in the hay field. The lady of the house rtns the kind regards. Cheers, Bill
Good news indeed! I will purposely drive past Fredsville on the pilgrimage east this summer. If you do take the plunge and get the HUP, we have spare parts kicking around.

Great job on the weekend parade.
Old 18-05-10, 03:19

well bill, if you are looking for a new project, i may have one or two here that might interest you.......

Quote:
Well Brother Al,Rob,Bob et al; Looks like I'm in the shit again!! I am going to be in BC, Campbell River to be exact, from the 7 - 21 June. Gotta get the Sr. junior call-sign packed up for the impending move back to NB,plus it may be the last chance to get some serious fishing in. I know, another excuse, but it's the best I've got at the moment. I just might finally more or less retire come Sept, so I just may have some time to do some of the things...........ah F!@% it, you know what I mean. For Rob - the boys and I have been looking fondly at the a/m HUP, I'm in need of a project as soon as I finish rebuilding the "T" from the one I have sitting in the hay field. The lady of the house rtns the kind regards.

Cheers, Bill