MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > MILITARY VEHICLES > The Softskin Forum

Notices

Old 21-01-06, 15:56

Default Ford truk

Helo friends: i have an universal carrier, i make a restoration like a canadian normandy vehicle, i need a ford v8 for change the original. So, i buy an old ford 46´truck. When i saw an ford pages, i discover what the ford truck model remain whitout any changes between 42´to 47´. So my truck is similar to any ford truck 43 or 44. The canadian army used this tipe of truck for any task, in normandy campaign?.Cheers.Juan
Attached Thumbnails
dscf0025.jpg  
Old 23-01-06, 23:14
T' Guns thank God t' guns

Default Ford Trucks

Hola Juan:

Yes the Canadian army used many of the Ford trucks in the communications zone (The rear echelon). Some made it forward to the conbat areas.

If you wish to represent a Canadian Ford in combat consider the desert campaign of the 8th Army. The technical difficulty will be that most of the trucks were right hand drive.

David Hayward can give you good information about what model trucks were used in which theatres of war.

Good luck! Mike
www.calnan.com/swords
Old 02-02-06, 14:16
MLU Administrator

Default Re: Ford truk

Quote:
Originally posted by JUAN PRIEN
So my truck is similar to any ford truck 43 or 44. The canadian army used this tipe of truck for any task, in normandy campaign?
Juan, great find, but I am afraid this type was not used by the Canadian Army. Your truck is of American production, the wartime equivalent of which was the 2G8T. If you read US-built Ford 1942-model trucks in Allied service you will note hardly any of these were used in Commonwealth service. The Canadian equivalent was the FC60L which used the same basic chassis and sheet metal but had different wheels, right-hand drive steering, cargo body etc.

H.