MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > 'B' ECHELON > The Sergeants' Mess

Notices

Old 01-01-07, 21:42
aka C. Mark Perry (CMP)

Default You know when ...

I know now my girlfriend Mary has spent far too much time hanging around with me.

We had a bit of extra snow here in Winnipeg, and her car (a Subaru at that) couldn't make it out of her lane, so she called work for a pickup (she does health-care work, so they have a phone-fan system).

So she tells me later that the husband of a co-worker picked her up and took her home later "in a 15 hundredweight."

I perked up at that, but figured she must have meant a 3/4-ton, but she insisted it was a "15 hundredweight" Figured out later it was a Chevy 1500 - i.e. a half-ton 4x4 - which means she must think my diesel 4x4 Silverado is a "25 hundredweight" - and she still doesn't realize how much the CMP lingo has rubbed off on her.

She's a sweetie.
Old 02-01-07, 01:51
GM Fox I

Default Sweeties iz great, ain't they?

My personal sweetie (21 years and counting) not only agreed to having a Bren carrier in the garage ("say, it's cute!" she remarked on seeing it many years ago). Next, she found a silver Armoured Corps ring and gave it to me on the acquisition of my armored car. Then, and the best, she agreed that my son's initials (said son now a strapping 16 year old, and an Ordinary Seaman in the Naval Reserve) be "CMP" for Colin Michael Parker.

Yeah, treat Sweethearts right...they's a blast!!
Old 02-01-07, 02:18
Mr. HUP

Default Wife School

Wow! At times, my better 3/4s seems miffed at the attention I pay to my truck's needs. She personified my HUP by calling it my "Metal Mistress". She laments the "quality time" I spend with her, er, it...and really does not like it when I come home dosed in
the mistress's "perfume".

Is there a CMP appreciation school for the "Y chromosome" challenged? Or have your women seen the light, knowing that their men can usually be found toiling away in the shop on their project vehicles?

I tell my wife that the time spent with my HUP keeps me out of the pubs (less Gracies calls), keeps me from chasing women (getting too old to catch them anyway), and away from the golf course.

Any tips on "swaying" the fairer sex on the merits of the hobby would be greatly appreciated (I tried bribery, but the costs keep going up).
Old 02-01-07, 06:15
M38A1 CDN3

Default Re: Sweeties iz great, ain't they?

Quote:
Originally posted by Bruce Parker
My personal sweetie (21 years and counting) not only agreed to having a Bren carrier in the garage ("say, it's cute!" she remarked on seeing it many years ago). Next, she found a silver Armoured Corps ring and gave it to me on the acquisition of my armored car. Then, and the best, she agreed that my son's initials (said son now a strapping 16 year old, and an Ordinary Seaman in the Naval Reserve) be "CMP" for Colin Michael Parker.

Yeah, treat Sweethearts right...they's a blast!!
Perry's quote above and yours about Colin (WRT "CMP" being embedded in one's name), brings to mind my personal situation.

My British birth certificate identifies me as John Donald Day.

For seemingly now obscure reasons, I legally changed my name to what it is now.

It only occured to me recently, with a mind blasting realization, that, had I kept my baptised name, I could have endorsed any manner of documents...."D Day".