MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > 'B' ECHELON > The Sergeants' Mess

Notices

Old 17-05-03, 03:34
Vets_Dottir

Talking Yappy's new Puppy

Hey folks...guess what. I forgot to tell you all some big news. Little Miss Yappy has a brand new GrandPuppy....It's A BOY!!!!

Benjamin
May 1, 2003
8:06 A.M....6lb 8oz

That's my boy

Gawd...I be so PROUD!
Old 17-05-03, 03:48
RIP

Thumbs up She's a Mother

Congradulations Miss Yappy!Hope mother & baby are doing well!!Have you a name for the little scandinavian?
Old 17-05-03, 08:06
Vets_Dottir

Default Re: She's a Mother

Quote:
Originally posted by Garry Shipton
Congradulations Miss Yappy!Hope mother & baby are doing well!!Have you a name for the little scandinavian?
Thanks Garry...Mother (Renee),Baby BENJAMIN DOUGLAS, Daddy (Mark) are all fine. Mom had to have a C-section, there will be no more childbirth. They have 2 sons now. I get photos sent via email maybe tomorrow Amazing. (No Scandinavian surname, but the Viking is in both boys

Granny C
Old 17-05-03, 23:44
RIP

Default How about Laarss!!

I was sitting here with my Golden Retriever Shadow contemplating names for a puppy.I said"Lars",and wud you believe it,he smiled!!(I trained him to do that)Of course,he's trained to take my empty beer bottle upstairs & my wife Debbie gives him a full one to "take to Daddy"until she said I was taking advantage of my dog.What is this!!A woman ruled world?Anyway,gonna think of a name,while secretly getting the old retriever to get me a beer.
Happy Victoria Day Weekend
Old 18-05-03, 04:37
Vets_Dottir

Default Re: How about Laarss!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Garry Shipton
I was sitting here with my Golden Retriever Shadow contemplating names for a puppy.I said"Lars",and wud you believe it,he smiled!!(I trained him to do that)Of course,he's trained to take my empty beer bottle upstairs & my wife Debbie gives him a full one to "take to Daddy"until she said I was taking advantage of my dog.What is this!!A woman ruled world?Anyway,gonna think of a name,while secretly getting the old retriever to get me a beer.
Happy Victoria Day Weekend
I Love your "Lars" story, and I love Golden Retrievers. The "fetch the beer for the Boy" part... tsk tsk tsk .... shame on yah Garry. That's not nice.

(But on the other hand ... ??? hhaha... )

HAPPY VICTORIA DAY TO YOU-ALL TOO
Old 18-05-03, 09:23
Commonwealth NOT Europe

Default congrats Yappy

Hey - another little Yappy - just keep him off the forum will ya - I can't cope anymore !!!!!!!!!!!!!!( 'specially now you've got the Empress on your side)

Seriously - Congratulations to mum & dad from England's premier wannabe Canadian.

A wasted youth is better by far than a wise and productive old age!! (Meatloaf)
Old 18-05-03, 10:39
Vets_Dottir

Smile Re: congrats Yappy

Quote:
Originally posted by DaveCox
Hey - another little Yappy - just keep him off the forum will ya - I can't cope anymore !!!!!!!!!!!!!!( 'specially now you've got the Empress on your side)

Seriously - Congratulations to mum & dad from England's premier wannabe Canadian.

Thank-You Dave!
......and I "hope" the Empress is still on my side.
......and my grand kids (both boys and brothers) will be a while before they can yap. I'll have to be sure they enrol in "Military Talk as a Second Language"... then look-out

Well...??? ... are you moving to Canada or not? (the biz gig you mentioned thinking about) I'm sure Canada would welcome you and family with open arms if you have money to pool into the economy(grin)...take care...Carman
Old 18-05-03, 10:43
Commonwealth NOT Europe

Hi Carman,

Depending on how well this new business does, there's a program that allows skilled workers in without having a lot of dosh to bring with'em. Hopefully in about 6-12 months perhaps less) we'll be on our way.

Loved the island - if I could snap my fingers and make it happen we'd be there tomorrow!!!!

Old 18-05-03, 10:57
Vets_Dottir

Thumbs up The "ISLAND"

Quote:
Hi Carman,

Depending on how well this new business does, there's a program that allows skilled workers in without having a lot of dosh to bring with'em. Hopefully in about 6-12 months perhaps less) we'll be on our way.

Loved the island - if I could snap my fingers and make it happen we'd be there tomorrow!!!!
well I sure hope you make it to "The ISLAND" as we all know it by. It IS Beautiful.I haven't lived there since age 18 but have considered moving there a million times. It's really developed the downtown area and all round the old Empress (Empress Hotel that is...NOT EmpressJulia)and the Parliament Buildings. Tourist City the last time I was there...manymany years ago) I used to live a few blocks behind the parliament bldgs for a while...close to Beacon Hill Park. I hope you got a chance to explore a bit while there?...Carman
Old 18-05-03, 18:46
Empress Julia

Default Re: Re: congrats Yappy

Quote:
Originally posted by Vets_Dottir
Thank-You Dave!
......and I "hope" the Empress is still on my side.
Of COURSE I'm on your side, you silly left-coaster! All the best to you & your family for the new arrival....you must be bursting with pride, eh?
Old 18-05-03, 18:49
Empress Julia

Default Re: The "ISLAND"

Quote:
Originally posted by Vets_Dottir
well I sure hope you make it to "The ISLAND" as we all know it by. It IS Beautiful.I haven't lived there since age 18 but have considered moving there a million times. It's really developed the downtown area and all round the old Empress (Empress Hotel that is...NOT EmpressJulia)and the Parliament Buildings. Tourist City the last time I was there...manymany years ago) I used to live a few blocks behind the parliament bldgs for a while...close to Beacon Hill Park. I hope you got a chance to explore a bit while there?...Carman
Hey, hey, now, there will be no posting of the word OLD in the same sentence as the word Empress. I have spoken & henceforth, shall be obeyed! On the topic of strange Brits trying to emigrate here, have you mentioned the initiation ritual to Dave??? Hmmmmmmmm?
Old 18-05-03, 19:41
Vets_Dottir

Default Re: Re: Re: congrats Yappy

Quote:
Originally posted by Empress Julia
Of COURSE I'm on your side, you silly left-coaster! All the best to you & your family for the new arrival....you must be bursting with pride, eh?
Hi YOUNG and GORGEOUS EMPRESS JULIA (grin) Is that enuf sucking up to make up for calling you OLD??? We NEVER get OLD...just BETTER and MORE POWERFUL and WISE!

Thank you regards the good wishes for our family. Yep... I'm bursting with pride and all those things Moms and Granny's burst with when it comes to their youngsters.

I'm not as "left-coast" as I used to be... Thank gawd. Altho I seem to get sillier with each new hormonal transition...did I tell yah I've officially reached menopause???? Peri no more. Hey GUYS!!! Listen UP....been there done that!!! If you guys can talk about your b#lls inhere then we women can talk about our ... well ... you knows

Empress...maybe yah shoulda called me "Woman Who Wags Tongue Without Restraint". That wouldfit my Cree-ness. Oh boy...gotta go see what else you've written

Seriously...Thanks Julia
Old 18-05-03, 19:45
Vets_Dottir

Default Re: Re: The "ISLAND"

Quote:
Originally posted by Empress Julia
Hey, hey, now, there will be no posting of the word OLD in the same sentence as the word Empress. I have spoken & henceforth, shall be obeyed! On the topic of strange Brits trying to emigrate here, have you mentioned the initiation ritual to Dave??? Hmmmmmmmm?
NOooooo.... I haven't mentioned the intitiation ritual. I thought maybe you should have the pleasure of that... or we could just wait til he moves here then surprize him? Whaddayah think?
Old 18-05-03, 20:33
Commonwealth NOT Europe

Default re. initiation

I'll set my wife on you if you try anything !!!!!!!!!!!

5'3" of pure evil when angry - on the other hand she might take your side!

All the canucks I met where just too damn friendly to do anything horrible anyway.

Old 18-05-03, 22:29
Vets_Dottir

Default Re: re. initiation

Quote:
I'll set my wife on you if you try anything !!!!!!!!!!!

5'3" of pure evil when angry - on the other hand she might take your side!

All the canucks I met where just too damn friendly to do anything horrible anyway.

Geez Dave... you pore old thang. I'm sure your wife and the Empress and I will get along like a house on fire

Glad you met warm and friendly nice Canuck natives! Actually, there are a LOT of people from England who settled in good old Vic.