MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > BUY, TRADE or SELL > For Sale Or Wanted

Notices

Old 15-01-09, 00:27
Addicted to Drab

Default 40 mm Bofors

Do I dare ask....anything out there available. I looking for a project..not something already done. I know it sounds like wishfull thinking, however if one does not ask the question....PM me with your Gufaws and your "just missed one" stories...or any intel

cheers

Mike Timoshyk in Windsor Ontario
Old 15-01-09, 02:23
3RD ECHELON WKSP

Hi Mike

I would check out Milweb and look under the artillery section. If you are willing to bring one over from England I have seen a couple that seem to come up from time to time on their listings for a reasonable price.

Chris

P.S.

Just checked Milweb for you, there are currently 2 Bofors listed, a project at 1975 british pounds and another at 6900 Euros. The first one looks like something to work with and seems pretty affordable, the other I think was a restored US made version hence the price. There is also a fellow who advertised one or two in the past that appeared quite complete for reasonable money. Maybe you could work a deal with one of the other collectors who brings over containers from time to time.

1968 M274A5 Mule Baifield USMC
1966 M274A2 Mule BMY USMC
1958 M274 Mule Willys US Army
1970 M38A1 CDN3 70-08715 1 CSR
1981 MANAC 3/4T CDN trailer
1943 Converto Airborne Trailer
1983 M1009 CUCV

RT-524, PRC-77s,
and trucks and stuff and more stuff and and.......

OMVA, MVPA, G503, Steel Soldiers

Last edited by chris vickery; 15-01-09 at 02:33. Reason: new info
Old 17-01-09, 21:21
carrier mech

Crown surplus in Calgary has always had theirs for sale for $15K. No dicker room there either, and if you show interest for very long it will either go up in price or not be for sale. It is a definite fixer upper, with 4 blown tires. Comes with a spare barrel. I was very very tempted on this one, despite the high price, until something much nicer came my way. After all, how often do you find Cdn made guns for sale in Canada?

With today's rules and regs and restrictions re import and export of controlled goods, I would be leary of trying to bring something like that in from England. There are others on this board who are much more experienced in these matters mind you, and tapping in to their knowledge and contacts in the process would certainly be the way to go.
Old 18-01-09, 09:30

Default crown surplus bofors

Rob: I stopped into Crown Surplus last labor day weekend after seeing you. The Bofors was still there along with alot of other stuff in the back yard, including a couple of Cab 13 Cmp's. Gordon told me he was offered over 20k US, but turned it down. I have some photos somewhere here. I can email them out if needed. Probably worth a phone call, just to make sure it's still there. Good luck....Robert
Old 19-01-09, 09:55
MLU Administrator

Mike,

Here´s one for sale in Australia: HMVF: 40mm Bofors Mk IV Anti Aircraft (AA) gun.

Probably not a real option for you, but it gives you an idea of what is available worldwide.

- Hanno

Old 21-01-09, 07:26
Addicted to Drab

Default 40 mm thanks

I wish to thank all those who responded to my request. I am still looking for a project and have found a "possibility"...some quite negotiations have started...

cheers from Windsor....cold, snowcovered and did I mention C O L D....

Mike Timoshyk

who as with many other Mil Veh nuts...waiting for better weather to go out and play.