MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > GENERAL WW2 TOPICS > WW2 Military History & Equipment

Notices

Old 31-10-03, 19:10

Default A (off) color question ??

I recently received my long-awaited copy of "The Canadian Soldier" by Jean Bouchery. I am finding it to be very informative and a pure joy to browse through.

My question concerns the "accuracy" or trueness of the color reproductions. I own several pieces of Canadian-manufacturerd web gear, and the color of this gear in the photos is very close to those pieces I own. With that in mind, I am wondering hw "true" the other colors are, especially the colors of Canadian manufactured battle dress, overcoats, and other clothing items.

I probably should address the question on Michael Dorosh's web site, but then the readers of these fora are accustomed to, and very tolerant of my nattering.

Bob Potter
Old 31-10-03, 19:21

Actually, not to push you away or anything, that `other' forum had a big discussion on this subject about 3 or 4 weeks ago. I think that the conclusion was that the uniforms were off colour-wise.
Old 31-10-03, 21:40
T-16, C15A

Default Very Greenish

Bob,

I think that you are correct in your off colour descriptions - somebody "fixed" the colours a bit "off". I see that a few of the uniforms - a tanker at Dieppe - looks OK, but the rest - way too green.

Speaking of military stuff near your neck of the woods - did you attend the Alan Coors Museum Open House last weekend? I was down there for work ( in Aberdeen, MD ) and slipped in - WOW.

You have never seen such a display. I hope to have pix soon to show to the forum.

Regards,

Stewart