MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > GENERAL WW2 TOPICS > WW2 Military History & Equipment

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 27-09-10, 09:45

Default Ammo boxes identification

Hi All,
A friend of mine that collects militaria and is an avid garage sale shopper called me today to see if I was interested in ammo boxes and oil tins as he was cleaning out his shed and wanted to sell the lot to get rid of it all.I went down and of course like the rest of you would,bought the lot.Some of the boxes were average painted over boxes but I am happy with some of them as they are close to mint as an army ammo box comes and some I have seen before but do not know what they are for and was hoping some of you could help me out with identifying them.This is my haul for today.

This box is marked;
AMMUNITION COMPONENT BOX MK 1
M.C. 1955
1-M-3-apo-206

It is marked for;
FUZES V1C1

This one is well marked and in excellent shape with the packing labels still attached;

This box has been around! It started as a 1942 dated box with 3/1944 packing label.Then stamped in the bottom of the wood,RCD 1951 (REPD),Stencilled again as ASSEMBLED ESQ 2-67,and repacked and inspected on 6/69.It seems it has always held 10 rounds of 12 pounder shells.What would take a 12 pounder shell as I cannot recall ever hearing of this size shell?It is a nice wooden dovetail constructed box with a metal liner inside with the inside of the lid showing the original WWII brown paint.

1943 Bantam T-3 1/4 ton trailer
BSA folding airborne bicycle ser#R5325 (early)