MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > BUY, TRADE or SELL > For Sale Or Wanted

Notices

Old 02-12-18, 20:11

Default Front sight to Bofors 40 mm

I am looking to buy two sights to a British Bofors 40 mm or exact dimensions for making copies.
I am asking for help. Maybe someone will help me ...
Attached Thumbnails
DSCF0001-4.jpg  
Old 02-12-18, 21:13
carrier mech

That looks like the photo I used when I was looking for a pair....I posted that photo on the G503. I did eventually find a pair from collectors source here in Canada, so they do turn up from time to time. Good luck in your search...they will show up.

I did make one back then, and it took almost a full day to make just one, and I was not super happy with the results. There is nothing like the real thing.
Old 02-12-18, 21:21

I found this photo on the web. On the G503 forum I saw that sights were for sale but 5 years ago. Thank you for the information.
Old 05-12-18, 12:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob love View Post
That looks like the photo I used when I was looking for a pair....I posted that photo on the G503. I did eventually find a pair from collectors source here in Canada, so they do turn up from time to time. Good luck in your search...they will show up.

I did make one back then, and it took almost a full day to make just one, and I was not super happy with the results. There is nothing like the real thing.
Hello Rob,
I would like to ask you for help in dimensions of sight. You are the only one who wrote to me. I know that the copy will look bad, but I want to finish this project and I miss this very important element. I will have something and look for the original not good. I am now repairing the entire system sights.
I am asking you for help. I am sending pictures of my Bofors. I'm still missing some elements, but I'm working on it.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2992.jpg   IMG_4633.jpg   IMG_2989.jpg   IMG_4623.jpg