MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > MLU ADMIN > TAC HQ

Notices

Old 17-07-03, 19:27

Default Posting Images

Hi Geoff, I was trying to post an image to the board today and I had great difficulty. Can I not use the "Attach File"? Every time I used that procedure and checked my post, the message was there, but not the image. I then tried the IMG button and eventually had some success, but it meant that I had to post the image to a third party server. What am I missing here? Last time I posted an image, I thought that I could directly post from my computer to the board but using the file attachment? Thanks Bill
Old 17-07-03, 20:23
former OC MLU, AKA 'Jif' - sadly no longer with us

Default Re: Posting Images

Quote:
Originally posted by Bill Alexander
Hi Geoff, I was trying to post an image to the board today and I had great difficulty. Can I not use the "Attach File"? Every time I used that procedure and checked my post, the message was there, but not the image. I then tried the IMG button and eventually had some success, but it meant that I had to post the image to a third party server. What am I missing here? Last time I posted an image, I thought that I could directly post from my computer to the board but using the file attachment? Thanks Bill
You CAN post an image, Bill, providing it doesn't exceed the limit of 700 pixels' width; it just won't show up on Preview. I haven't had the time to chase down that bug, I'm sorry.

Give it another shot.

Geoff
Old 03-04-04, 04:39

Default Help on Posting Pictures ?

Geoff, sorry to bother you with this but can you offer any hints on how to post more than one picture at a time ? I'm baffled.

Also, I find that if I am composing a long post, I get "timed out" of my log-in and can't post the text. Other than posting only short messages (probably a good idea as I'll get myself in less trouble that way) and then editing is there a way to solve this problem so that I don't have to re-type the whole thing again ? How many minutes do I have before being timed-out ?

Robert in Toronto
Old 03-04-04, 20:31
MLU Administrator

Default Re: Help on Posting Pictures ?

Quote:
Originally posted by Robert Dabkowski
Geoff, sorry to bother you with this but can you offer any hints on how to post more than one picture at a time ? I'm baffled.
I don't think there is a way to do so - as far as I can see it is only possible to attach a single file to each posting.

Quote:
is there a way to solve this problem so that I don't have to re-type the whole thing again ?
Compose your text using a text editor (Word, Notepad, etc.) and then cut and paste?

H.