MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > BUY, TRADE or SELL > For Sale Or Wanted

Notices

Old 18-08-10, 00:31
former OC MLU, AKA 'Jif' - sadly no longer with us

Default F/S: Battledress Uniform & Mannequin

FOR SALE

I've decided I have no more use for the mannequin and battledress shown in the pics attached - I'm certainly too damned old to wear it anymore!

Anyway, the jacket is Tip Top Tailors, May 1944, size 12 and is in outstanding condition. It presently has Canadian Armoured Corps cloth patches on the shoulders, along with CAC captain's pips, but they're not original to the uniform.

The trousers are the [Something or other] Clothing Company, August 1945, size 10 and in equally excellent condition. It too has a C-Broad Arrow stamp. It's original top to bottom including the ankle tabs and the field dressing pocket (and I'm including a dressing in the latter). BTW, the trousers come with khaki suspenders.

The gaiters shown are also Canadian and war-dated, and the boots, while not war-dated, are double-soled, steel-shod and of period design. They fit size 10 feet. The beret is NOT dated but is wartime CAC with the badge shown.

In addition, I'll throw in the belt, which while 1952 is the wartime pattern complete with buckles on the back. In addition the NOS canteen shown will go with it, as well as a used but excellent British 1941-dated small pack with cross-strap and two matching NOS Canadian L-straps.

I also have a WW2 pisspot helmet, size 7 1/4, with camouflage net and field dressing tucked underneath. This is separate but subject to negotiation. Also available is various other bits of Pattern 37 web gear - let me know what you need and I'll tell you whether I have it.

The mannequin itself is about 40 years old, and it comes apart at the waist. The arms come off of course, and they can be positioned in various albeit limited configurations. The hands can be rotated, but one baby finger is missing, although that could be reconstructed with a bit of wire and paper mache.

Altogether, this is wartime battledress as good as you're ever going to see it - there's certainly almost none of it left. I've had this for 30 years (the mannequin too) and the B/D has always been properly dry cleaned and stored under wrap when not on display. BTW, the mannequin in the picture is about 6' 4" tall, and it fits him fine. I'm 5' 10" and about 160lbs and it fits me fine too.

I'd like to see about $1500 for the whole package but will entertain offers. You will NOT find this original quality anywhere else anymore! This can be picked up in Toronto.

Please PM me through MLU or email me at sunrayniner _at_ rogers.com, first come, first served.

Thanks,

Geoff
Attached Thumbnails
uniform1.jpg   uniform2.jpg   uniform3.jpg   uniform5.jpg   uniform4.jpg  

Old 18-08-10, 16:58

Was just thinking overnight that perhaps $1500 is a little steep, albeit you will NOT find a set of B/D this good anywhere else (nor a decent mannequin). In the interest of fairness I'll revise my asking price for the whole package to $1200 effective immediately.

Thanks,

Geoff
Old 21-08-10, 16:46

Well, in so far as I've had only a little response to this offer, I wonder if anyone would be interested in purchasing the battledress, accoutrements or mannequin separately. If so, please PM me or email me as per the above and we can discuss what you're interested in and terms.

BTW, in addition, I've just dug out another battledress jacket I forgot I owned - it was wrapped up in the back of my closet. It is in near-mint condition, manufactured by Hyde Park Clothes Limited in Montreal, dated 1943 and Size 13. As far as I can tell there never has been any insignia sewn on it. I'd like to see $150 for this jacket alone but am willing to listen to offers. This jacket is ideal for either re-enacting or for use as a display with whatever insignia you choose. Again, PM or email me as above.

Thanks,

Geoff
Old 21-08-10, 20:33

The unbadged B/D jacket and helmet are sold. All else is still available, plus if you have any miscellaneous Pattern 37 stuff you're looking for, PM or email me.

Cheers,

Geoff
Old 26-08-10, 20:30

Default Broken Down...

OK, here's the drill. This is a partial listing of what I have for sale, on an individual basis:

- One complete battledress uniform, jacket Canadian 1944 size 12. Excellent condition; trousers Canadian 1945 size 10, complete and original in every way, also excellent. Both items $300. You won't find better anywhere now (see 1st post for pics).

- One male mannequin, excellent except for one missing baby finger. It comes apart at the waist and has posable arms to a limited degree. Total height approx 6'4". Asking $400. (see 1st post for pics).

- Postwar boots & gaiters, boots double soled with steel toe and heel caps. Size 10, excellent condition. $45 for both.

- British 1940 Large Pack, used, good condition. $15. SOLD

- British 1941 Large Pack, NOS, excellent. $25. SOLD

- one pair Canadian ammunition pouches, maker indistinguishable but 1943, both NOS. $20.

- one pair Canadian ammunition pouches, maker indistinguishable but 1943, one NOS, one slightly stained from storage. $15.

- qty 4 First Field Dressings, maker Johnson & Johnson Pty Ltd, Sydney, 1941 - 1943. $8.00 each Two left

More to come next post. Shipping extra of course, and bulk offers considered. Contact me through PM here or sunrayniner_at_rogers.com.
Attached Thumbnails
web01.jpg   web02.jpg   web03.jpg   web04.jpg   web05.jpg  

Old 26-08-10, 20:41

To continue:

- one pair filthy gaiters, blanco'd green on the outside. 1943 as far as I can tell. They're good for re-enacting if nothing else. $5.00

- Pistol ammunition pouches, one single, one double. The single one is Canadian, ZL&T Ltd. Can't make out the other. Good condition but stained from storage. $6.00 for both. SOLD

- one Khaki beret, excellent, Granmere Knitting Co, 1945. Size 7 1/8. $20.00 SOLD

- One NOS canteen with NOS open harness. $20.00

- One slightly used canteen with used open harness and used crosstrap. All British I believe. $20 for the lot.

More yet to come.......
Attached Thumbnails
web06.jpg   web07.jpg   web08.jpg   web09.jpg   web10.jpg  

Old 26-08-10, 20:55

To continue:

- One pair matching Canadian L-straps, NOS with DTB-painted fittings $40.00

- British 1941 small pack, excellent, with long British cross-strap, used but good. $30.00 SOLD

- One complete basic battle harness, including two NOS Canadian ammunition pouches, one NOS canteen and full cover, left & right cross-straps. Belt is British, 1955 but matches well. Sorry, no bayonet frog. $60 for the lot. SOLD

- Three No.4 rifle bayonets as pictured, all tips unbroken. $6.00 each Two Left

- British belt, 1952 but matches perfectly. Was NOS when I originally bought it and still outstanding. $15.00

That's it - for now. I know I have more stuff and it's all gotta go! PM me or email through sunrayniner_at_rogers.com.

Thanks,

Geoff
Attached Thumbnails
web11.jpg   web12.jpg   web13.jpg   web14.jpg   web15.jpg  

Old 27-08-10, 14:25

Items marked in red above are confirmed sold; the beret is spoken for as are the large and small packs, but all else is still available.

Thanks,

Geoff
Old 28-08-10, 16:47

The beret and large & small packs are now "sold"; the battledress is spoken for but not yet confirmed. All else is still available.

Geoff
Old 31-08-10, 07:31

Default getting in touch!

Geoff: Tried emailing you, but it bounced back twice. Probably me, but could you send me your email address. Many thanks...Robert (rob.mor@shaw.ca)