Notices

Old 30-06-17, 12:30
WO8 C15A 142736

Sending a PM.
Old 30-06-17, 13:08
carrier mech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Private_collector View Post
I won't post anything new about my health, now. I don't wish to drag this on, beyond this one posting. No point in being a continual wet blanket. That probably was poorly chosen wording, actually.
Tony
I have never met you in person, and the likelihood is that whatever happens on this new undertaking of yours, I will likely never physically shake your hand. But in this virtual world, you have many many friends that care, and would not look onto knowing your progress on this new 'project' of yours as being a wet blanket.

You have already shown the same level of determination and thoroughness as you have displayed in the past by reading up whatever information you can glean. You are going to have the knowledge to make informed decisions, and know that whatever the outcome, you are not alone.

There are more than a few survivors on this forum who beat the odds of whichever 'project' they unwillingly took on. Here is hoping you join that group, but whatever happens, know we are all behind you.
Old 01-07-17, 06:13
Tony VAN RHODA

Default Not good news

Hi Tony

I am so sorry to hear your bad news. I agree that it is something always in the back of ours minds. that is why I have annual check ups, so many men bury there heads in the sand regarding this illness. I wish you our very best wishes for a speedy recovery. I am sure you have made your decision to have surgery after a lot of deliberation. Your positive attitude will see you beat this and continue to contribute towards our hobby. Though we have not met personally our contacts via our emails have started a good friendship. Stay strong and positive and I am positive your family will help see you through this challenge, remember you have a lot of friend out there in MLU land.

Your mate

Tony
Old 01-07-17, 11:14

Hi Tony,

Extremely saddened to hear of your frightening news.
I will say I have enjoyed following your posts, your willingness to
help me has also been very much appreciated.
I know of a number of fellows who have been in your predicament,
who have enjoyed very positive outcomes.
My thoughts are with you, your wife and son at this worrying time.

Cheers Tim
Old 01-07-17, 17:15
MLU Administrator

Dear Tony,

I am very, very sorry to hear that! I wish you the best of luck in battling your disease. Have faith in yourself and the doctors, and I am sure you are the type of man to get the best possible results out of the treatment.
Old 02-07-17, 06:17
"Sid and Errol's Dad"

Post News

Tony,
We are shocked and saddened to hear your news.
With faith and help from some very clever people, I'm sure you'll be back to posting you long-winded (read: detailed) posts again soon.
Wishing you all of the strength that I know you will gather my friend.
From all of the MLU community and especially those in Ganmain.
F15 #12
F15A #13 (stretched)
F60S #13
C15A #13 Wireless (incomplete)
Old 02-07-17, 07:24
Tony Baker

My Dear Friends,

Thank you so much for all your words of support and compassion.

While this is REALLY scary for both of us, as many of you have reminded me, surgery and 21st century treatments will mean very highest chance for adequate recovery. Side effects will occur. They may even be permanent, some of them. However, I'd rather be changed in some way.....than dead, so lets see how lucky I am. I have a lot of good feedback regarding my surgeons ability. His preference in Prostatectomy surgery is the RALP method, which is believe it or not, Robotic Surgery where the surgeon sits remote from the operating table and twiddles away at little buttons and joysticks, while looking through a 3x magnification screen that he rests his head against. See http://www.roboticoncology.com/robot...state-surgery/ for more details. Absolutely facsinating stuff. Real science fiction material. Quite a story to tell people about afterwards! I regret I will not get to witness this surgery being done, but being the guest of honor, it's best I have a little sleep during all that. Wonder of he could put it on a DVD for me. Bet not. Such a litigious society and all that. Might think I use it against him if anything went wrong.

Anyhoo, thanks again to all you wonderful people.
Some of you are sicker than I am, by far, but it didn't stop you giving your support to me!
Old 02-07-17, 14:47

Hi Tony,
Sorry to hear the bad news , keep your head up and stay strong ,you and your family are in our prayers my friend
Old 30-07-17, 11:34
Tony Baker

Hello Gentlemen,

The grey truck has been sold a couple of weeks ago now, and although I miss it, I know it will be getting better attention and care with someone else.
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170730_171329-resized-1024.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	292.8 KB
ID:	92543
As a side project, I purchased the Defender from the estate of my Wifes Father, and will be making some mild changes over a reasonably lengthy timeframe. It will be my daily driver (when not taking my 91yo Mother shopping!), so has to remain a runner. It won't get a knockdown resto, that's for sure. On Saturday morning it got new wheels and tyres. The weekend before, I put on the military style snorkel and wing vent diverters. It's gonna be a lot of fun to play with.

After several visits to a private urologist, I became concerned by the amount of time (and money, if I'm honest) being spent without positive progress in adressing my cancer. A couple of weeks ago I requested my GP to re-refer me to the public health system. That was on a Monday, and they contacted me within the week, asking me to attend an appointment the following Monday. At that review, I was told I was a 'category 1' patient, and would be receiving an appointment for inpatient biopsy within 30 days. Thursday the SAME week, an appointment date arrived in the mail, and Thursday this week I will be getting that done. I'm grateful it will be done under full anaesthetic, and as a result I will be staying in overnight.

I've been losing weight in past few weeks, and although I am eating right, some of that is just poor appetite. Very glad to see things happening finally, and once the type of cancers (there are two of them) are known exact prognosis and treatment plan should follow quickly.

All the best to everyone. Look after yourselves,

T
Old 30-07-17, 14:46
"Sid and Errol's Dad"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Private_collector View Post
...All the best to everyone. Look after yourselves, T
More importantly, Tony, YOU look after yourself! You are in our thoughts.
H
F15 #12
F15A #13 (stretched)
F60S #13
C15A #13 Wireless (incomplete)
Old 30-07-17, 15:15
Tony VAN RHODA

Default Fight the battle

Hi Tony

Good that you don't have to wait to long to get things moving, this will help with the stress of having to wait. I know you will stay strong and fight the battle to a successful result. You have a lot of support from family and friends that will help look out for you. Stay positive and focused. We are with you all the way.

Tony