MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > BUY, TRADE or SELL > For Sale Or Wanted

Notices

Old 27-06-17, 03:27

Default 50s era CDN service rifle, deactivated.

Looking for an accessory/prop . Can be beat up. Just something to put in vehicle mounted rack. Thanks
Old 27-06-17, 04:30
carrier mech

A deactivated FN (British, Australian or Indian) will run you around $600 or so these days, and more if it's got Cdn accessories. If it's a Cdn FN C1A1, you are more in the $2K and up ballpark.

If you are going for the early 50s, then just a no4mk1 Enfield rifle will do.
Old 27-06-17, 12:46

Default Airlift option

Another option is airsoft. A wood stocked L1A1 is coming out this summer. Not quite the same as a C1 but would look ok in a mount.

http://www.evike.com/products/69257/
Old 27-06-17, 13:08

[QUOTE=Jason Ginn;239476]Another option is airsoft. A wood stocked L1A1 is coming out this summer. Not quite the same as a C1 but would look ok in a mount

This is an excellent option. Thanks Jason.
Old 27-06-17, 13:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob love View Post
A deactivated FN (British, Australian or Indian) will run you around $600 or so these days, and more if it's got Cdn accessories. If it's a Cdn FN C1A1, you are more in the $2K and up ballpark.

If you are going for the early 50s, then just a no4mk1 Enfield rifle will do.
Thanks Rob.
Old 27-06-17, 13:22
carrier mech

The airsoft doesn't look bad, but most likely the Canadian parts won't go on it, and quite frankly the cost is the same as a non-Cdn dewat dewat. Dewat values generally go up in time, not sure used airsoft is worth the same as a new one.

Sources for dewats include collectors source, Elwood Epps, and the equipment exchange over on gunnutz.

Rob
Old 27-06-17, 13:23
No1, Mk 2** (I'm back!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Ginn View Post
Another option is airsoft. A wood stocked L1A1 is coming out this summer. Not quite the same as a C1 but would look ok in a mount.

http://www.evike.com/products/69257/
Gagging at the mouth, (despite our gun laws that prohibit such a toy here), but a 1973 built Australian L1A1 such as this item depicts would have a plastic carry handle, not a timber one, and laminated forewood, not solid.

Mark it as a AD63 build however, and it would be spot on!
Old 27-06-17, 13:38
carrier mech

I just recently picked up a nice AD61 serialized FN that is deactivated. It has been partially Canadianized. I normally don't keep the foreign FNs, as I have several Canadian examples, but this one mirrors the Cdn examples much more closely that the Brit or Indian models, so may remain in the collection. The problem is that in order to display all the accessories (grenade launcher, night vision sights, sniper sight, parade garb) you need to have a number of them. Then you need to have the variations....the EX-1, C1A1 normal, C1A1 8L version, C2A1.....I still need a C1A1D and a EX-2.

It is a disease.
Old 27-06-17, 15:30
Terry Warner

So just to throw a question at the original poster, what vehicle are you dressing? The FN rifles didn't completely replace the widespread Lee Enfield No.4 Mk.I* during that decade. Yes, it was standard issue after 1955 as FN C1 with NATO ammunition and FN C1A1 by 1959, but .303BR was still ubiquitous especially with civilian rifle associations. Heck, the Rangers are just now retiring their No.4s for a new-build 7.62x51 bolt action.

- 74-????? M151A2
- 70-08876 M38A1
- 53-71233 M100CDN trailer

Beware! The Green Disease walks among us!
Old 28-06-17, 00:14

Just as an aside, I have an Indian FN Deac that I need a magazine for if anyone has a source for one?

Thanks
John
Old 28-06-17, 02:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by maple_leaf_eh View Post
So just to throw a question at the original poster, what vehicle are you dressing? The FN rifles didn't completely replace the widespread Lee Enfield No.4 Mk.I* during that decade. Yes, it was standard issue after 1955 as FN C1 with NATO ammunition and FN C1A1 by 1959, but .303BR was still ubiquitous especially with civilian rifle associations. Heck, the Rangers are just now retiring their No.4s for a new-build 7.62x51 bolt action.
Terry, I have a M37. Not that fussy. I'd be happy with anything that didn't look grossly inaccurate. I do cruise nights, not MV shows. Thanks
Old 28-06-17, 05:42

Default 50s era CDN service rifle, deactivated.

I have ordered from Evike for airsoft in the past. They are good at working with the CBSA for things to go smooth but do have your paperwork in good order if you bring it across yourself. I must agree with Rob that the price for the L1A1 seems a bit high and I also would just buy a deactivated facsimile .

Evike sometimes has discount codes or sales you can use to get the price down.

Dan
Old 28-06-17, 05:57
Terry Warner

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanJahn View Post
I have ordered from Evike for airsoft in the past. They are good at working with the CBSA for things to go smooth but do have your paperwork in good order if you bring it across yourself. I must agree with Rob that the price for the L1A1 seems a bit high and I also would just buy a deactivated facsimile .

Evike sometimes has discount codes or sales you can use to get the price down.

Dan
I should see if they can get me a 9mm SMG airsoft "visual simulation". Can't call anything a replica firearm for fear of interventions.

In your case, the 3/4 had a long and happy history. Are your markings tending and kit weighted towards a particular era? That will decide whether a welded and pinned No.4 is appropriate or an FN.

As has been discussed, an airsoft is a non firearm and therefore uncontrolled. It should still be secured against theft. But a deact' Ishapore or BSA FN FAL with Canadian furniture and receiver cover will pass the 5m. inspection by 98% of visitors.

- 74-????? M151A2
- 70-08876 M38A1

Old 28-06-17, 06:24
Terry Warner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmcm View Post
Just as an aside, I have an Indian FN Deac that I need a magazine for if anyone has a source for one?

Thanks
John
Are you on CGN? It is the largest gun group on the interwebs in Canada.

- 74-????? M151A2
- 70-08876 M38A1

Old 28-06-17, 08:59

My penny (cents) worth . . .
There's a film prop company in Ireland that make GOOD resin copies of a lot of weapons, I've had a Webley and load of Mills grenades off them, can't fault the quality and attention to detail.
I challenged them to make a mills that fully strips and can be 'cocked' with spring loaded plunger so the lever flies off when let go, didn't disappoint!
They are called GREEN PIG 316 if memory serves me well.
They ship worldwide
Old 28-06-17, 12:22
GM Fox I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Dutton View Post
My penny (cents) worth . . .
There's a film prop company in Ireland that make GOOD resin copies of a lot of weapons, I've had a Webley and load of Mills grenades off them, can't fault the quality and attention to detail.
I challenged them to make a mills that fully strips and can be 'cocked' with spring loaded plunger so the lever flies off when let go, didn't disappoint!
They are called GREEN PIG 316 if memory serves me well.
They ship worldwide
Careful...in Canada resin replicas are prohibited devices under our stupid laws.
Old 28-06-17, 14:52

Air soft depot.com