MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > 'B' ECHELON > The Sergeants' Mess

Notices

Old 25-02-06, 21:32
Mr. HUP

Default Rotters Shakin things up in Ottawa

Friday night in Ottawa was memorable...this last meeting ended with the earth moving - literally. A 4.5 quake was felt eminating from the Thurso area of Quebec. It hit Ottawa at about 8:39 PM. The quake started with a low rumble followed by a sustained peak that lasted about 10 seconds or so. I thought that we had a plane crash on our hands (living under the go-round approach to the airport). Good news all round - no CMPs were damaged in this quake. Reports from Hammond indicate no damage - lots of Tabarnaks and shit-le-merdes, but all is OK.

Some of the local Rotters met at Gracies again to discuss important world events - driver manuals, upcoming Service Publications books and the goings on in the hobby. Alex, Clive and myself filled out the regular member roster. Brian Francis joined us to see if he could tolerate us...after a few Guinesses, he fit right in. Bob Carriere had domestic chores to perform, so he couldn't meet up with us. Too bad he missed out on some fine waitressing. Our server last evening was the captivating Melissa...Bobbie or Clive will post the incrimating evidence later. Clive decided to take the photo this time to prevent a repeat of internet marriage proposals and obsessed female fan email.

Wild Willy and Jim Mackie were in town, but Bill had to catch a flight back to God's country, and Jim had family functions to attend to. Clive and Brian made sure that their beer got suitably quaffed.

The meeting ended with the usual casual leers at the ale purveyors and agreement that we had to come back for another meeting soon. Brian has now been sucked into the unstoppable vortex of military vehicle restoration. Next step - set him up with his own CMP...
Old 25-02-06, 21:52
RIP

the usual casual leers at the ale purveyors

I resent that. gawk - yes, stare - definitely, drool - occasionally. But leer? Well, maybe a little bit.

Old 25-02-06, 23:09
"Mr. Manual", sadly no longer with us

Quote:
Originally posted by servicepub

I resent that. gawk - yes, stare - definitely, drool - occasionally. But leer? Well, maybe a little bit.

Yes .a fine time was had by all and Wild Willy called me just as I came in the door from 10 days in the sun in southern Georgia and Florida..
He had to scoot home from Ottawa but will be at the next meeting sometime in March,we hope.(Date to be announced).
Brian is a fine lad and a trained Volvo mechanic to boot..
BooBee missed an exciting evening but when "The one that must be obeyed" calls..one must snivel and grovel,even if the Guinnesses is foaming up a storm..
But to miss two parades in a row.......
We did have a fine time and Melissa was great fun , but didn't have any tattoos to show us...
We'll keep trying...
Old 26-02-06, 02:05
Mr. HUP

Quote:
Originally posted by Alex Blair
.. Melissa was great fun , but didn't have any tattoos to show us...We'll keep trying...
Alex,

Didn't have or wouldn't show? If you want tattoos, you'll have to join me for a Friday lunch at Boul Fournier in la Belle Province...I know a neat little place where the food is great and the "dessert" dances...You will have to get there early to beat all of the civil servants, though...
Old 26-02-06, 09:31
Richard Notton

Default Re: Rotters Shakin things up in Ottawa

Quote:
Originally posted by RHClarke
Some of the local Rotters met at Gracies again to discuss important world events - Clive and Brian made sure that their beer got suitably quaffed.
And some wise heads had a nice cup of tea it seems.

That'd do it for me.

R.
Old 28-02-06, 01:05
former OC MLU, AKA 'Jif' - sadly no longer with us

Quote:
Originally posted by servicepub

Er.... can we adopt her?
Old 28-02-06, 01:32
Mr. HUP

Default Adoption...

"Er.... can we adopt her?"

Geoff, you don't want to adopt this one, she was the ugliest girl there...
Old 28-02-06, 02:29
former OC MLU, AKA 'Jif' - sadly no longer with us

Default Re: Adoption...

Quote:
Originally posted by RHClarke
"Er.... can we adopt her?"

Geoff, you don't want to adopt this one, she was the ugliest girl there...
I'm not picky...